Popular Tags: [View All]
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having an issue (that I can replicate) on the Android version where during the initial setup, where you get your start world and then a hand where you have to choose 2 to discard, if you press to expand the start world, and then choose another card to discard, drag but not drop it up to the discard space, but then pull it back to where it was and drop it, the game discards your start world (which I don't think is an allowed discard). It even counts the discarded start world as one of the two that needs discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm eagerly awaiting a beta invite to try and help with the Android version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goals and Takeovers do not seem to be explained in the rules (I was trying to lookup takeover rules)

While you can figure out the goals by double tapping each and seeing what it says, there no so such thing that explains how takeovers are triggered or calculated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamieson Cobleigh
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patbenj19 wrote:

jcobleigh wrote:

2) Playing with NW, I continually screw up the starting setup. You need to discard cards from your hand but select your starting world. I keep accidentally selecting a starting world that I'm trying to discard and having to undo.

Thanks, yeah a few people have mentioned this - we'll look into making the UI more clear.

I just noticed that the starting worlds are highlighted in green (keep) vs. the starting cards that are highlighted in red (discard). But, wow, that's subtle.

Still, this is an excellent implementation and I'm planning on buying a copy when it is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UI comment: I am used to magnifying cards in other board game implementations by tapping on a card, but the Android version seems to require a long-press instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
msg tools
The 'storage permission' is for storing save games and profile data. We could probably get away with using internal (the no permission need) area for storage cause the files are so small. Means your games/profiles would be erased if you uninstall-reinstalled though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
westwardhough wrote:
UI comment: I am used to magnifying cards in other board game implementations by tapping on a card, but the Android version seems to require a long-press instead.

Have you tried double tapping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
msg tools
> Goals and Takeovers do not seem to be explained in the rules (I was trying to lookup takeover rules)

Yeap, we don't have the expansion rules in yet - will be in the next build!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Benjamin
United States
California
flag msg tools
westwardhough wrote:
I am having an issue (that I can replicate) on the Android version where during the initial setup, where you get your start world and then a hand where you have to choose 2 to discard, if you press to expand the start world, and then choose another card to discard, drag but not drop it up to the discard space, but then pull it back to where it was and drop it, the game discards your start world (which I don't think is an allowed discard). It even counts the discarded start world as one of the two that needs discarded.

Thanks, that definitely seems bugged - one thing I can't repro though...if your start world is zoomed, you shouldn't be able to simultaneously discard any cards (touching the screen again should first restore the zoomed card to its smaller size). So just to clarify - you're able to discard/interact with your hand while the start world is zoomed? Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patbenj19 wrote:
westwardhough wrote:

Thanks, that definitely seems bugged - one thing I can't repro though...if your start world is zoomed, you shouldn't be able to simultaneously discard any cards (touching the screen again should first restore the zoomed card to its smaller size). So just to clarify - you're able to discard/interact with your hand while the start world is zoomed? Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting.

Sorry I wasn't exactly clear. I meant that I had interacted with the start world card by magnifying it, but then unmagnified it. I'm not sure if interacting with the card is required for the bug, but that is what I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
westwardhough wrote:

Have you tried double tapping?

Yes that works as well. It was a design comment. I expected magnification with a short tap (like magnifying the opponent's tableau works).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greysphere wrote:
The 'storage permission' is for storing save games and profile data. We could probably get away with using internal (the no permission need) area for storage cause the files are so small. Means your games/profiles would be erased if you uninstall-reinstalled though...

It's simply a comment that I have not installed apps in the past that have permissions I don't see as obvious. Often this can be mitigated with a comment on the app's blurb/description. I just think there is a subset of potential users who are going to say "why does this app need access to my photos??? Nevermind, not that interested in it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
westwardhough wrote:
greysphere wrote:

It's simply a comment that I have not installed apps in the past that have permissions I don't see as obvious. Often this can be mitigated with a comment on the app's blurb/description. I just think there is a subset of potential users who are going to say "why does this app need access to my photos??? Nevermind, not that interested in it."

With Location Services turned on, Earth users get a special bonus for Old Earth, Earth's Lost Colony, and New Earth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frotes wrote:
Goals and Takeovers do not seem to be explained in the rules (I was trying to lookup takeover rules)

While you can figure out the goals by double tapping each and seeing what it says, there no so such thing that explains how takeovers are triggered or calculated

If you're too lazy to look up the rulebooks online (and this is strictly a convenience. No accusations, as I've been there myself)...

GENERAL
--The number of VP it grants if you earn it is in the orange hex (top right)
--the printed value for these will be 3 for First, and 5 for Most Goals
--Note that these are in orange, as opposed to the blue VP chips as Galactic Renaissance (6-cost dev) does NOT get any scoring onuses from these

--top left is at which phase(s) you check if someone earns this
--Checking is done at the end of the phase
--The arrow pointing down means at the end of the round (most common check is when you would discard down to 10 cards if over)

First Goals
--First player, or all players who meet or exceed the goal at the same "checkpoint" will get that goal
In the game, you'd use the 3pt orange chips. Digitally, there are other ways to do that
e.g. I go from 4 VP to 7 VP
You go from 4 VP chips to 5 VP chips.

The fact I went past the threshold more is irrelevant. We both get the Galactic Standard Of Living first goal
--Once earned, First Goals can never be taken away

Most Goals
--First player to have the most of that attribute AND meet the minimum threshold will get that
-if the game were to end right now, that would be worth 5 VP (in orange VP chips)
-If 1 or more players were to tie the first player, that 1st player still holds on to that Most Goal
-If the game were to end right then, that first player would get 5pts, while everyone else would get 3pts (via orange VP chips)

--Multiple players vying for the first time, the Most Goal stays in the center.
-If the game were to end right now, each player would get just 3 VP in orange VP chips
-any other players who tie with them will also get 3 VP in orange chips

--It's possible to lose these
--if you no longer meet the condition
--You do NOT wait until the end of the phase to check. It's immediate
e.g. you get Greatest Infrastructure (4+ devs). You discard New Military Tactics, and go from 4 to 3 devs on tableau

--if someone else exceeds you and meets the threshold.
--that player who did so would then get the Most Goal

--If multiple players exceed you, but only 1p has the most, he'd get the goal
--If multiple players exceed you, but more than one has the most, the Most Goal goes back into the center.

IANAR = I Am Not A Rulebook, so I'm sure I may have missed some finer and not so finer points. However, what's posted should be sufficient to get people going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not letting me place Imperial Troops in the development phase.

iOS FYI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this has been mentioned by now, but I'd love a notification when it's my turn in multiplayer online asynchronous play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall, very slick implementation. My comments:

1) When you have a lot of cards in hand, and then explore, things are a little tight. I think having the cards-available-for-discarding offset slightly, like up a few pixels, would make them stand out more

2) I'd like the "instant" animation to start faster. I think it starts after maybe 500ms. Perhaps 250-300ms when things are set to instant? On my phone the cards are really small, so I have to tap on EVERYTHING to see what it does, and this would make it feel less cumbersome.

3) When looking at the opponent's tableau, are you going to add the ability to see special military? My opponent had rebel military bonuses, but clicking on the military icon didn't show me them like it does for myself.

4) When using consume powers that give cards, the cards aren't put into your hand until AFTER you hit "confirm". That makes sense - you don't want to show hidden info until after confirm is selected. However, perhaps you could put placeholder cards in the player's hand to represent that the consume power worked and gave them cards in hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
msg tools
Budapest wrote:

iOS FYI

Looks like you have an imperial troops already! Yeah this one catches me all the time, maybe we can do a better job communicating this state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Benjamin
United States
California
flag msg tools
westwardhough wrote:
patbenj19 wrote:
westwardhough wrote:

Sorry I wasn't exactly clear. I meant that I had interacted with the start world card by magnifying it, but then unmagnified it. I'm not sure if interacting with the card is required for the bug, but that is what I did.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. Still having some trouble repro-ing - on my build the card just goes back into my hand as expected, but will definitely keep an eye out for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Happy with the implementation so far. I'm on an iPad and everything works well.

1) Still having trouble with multiplayer games. Quickplay isn't finding anyone and the Custom game with Friend doesn't seem to be forming either. Am I missing something?

2) Are there plans for leaderboards, rankings, etc. ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the design here is anything like the PC version, multi-player requires a server to connect to. It's not impossible for there to be three modes for the app to be in (local-vs-AI, host-vs-guests, and guest) but it would complicate things quite a bit, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just me, but I HATE how the icons for 6-cost developments come "off" the card. I am so used to looking at the icons on the card and it's jarring for them to disappear off to the right side of the screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed 3
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greysphere wrote:
Budapest wrote:

iOS FYI

Looks like you have an imperial troops already! Yeah this one catches me all the time, maybe we can do a better job communicating this state.

It took me a couple of rounds to realize why I couldn't build a duplicate development also, but that really isn't much different than playing the hard-copy version. Maybe a duplicate symbol, or highlight the existing card if you try to play the duplicate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cave
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of Android devices that the app does not work on.

LG G Pad F 7.0
Model LK430
Snapdragon 410
8Gb
Android 5.0.1
Game sometimes gets to the Menu screen but just crashes to home screen without error message before a game can start.

RCA
Model RCT6773W22
chipset ?
8Gb
Android 4.4.2
Just a blank screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spambait42c wrote:
If the design here is anything like the PC version, multi-player requires a server to connect to. It's not impossible for there to be three modes for the app to be in (local-vs-AI, host-vs-guests, and guest) but it would complicate things quite a bit, I think.

I've been playing vs A1 & online multiplayer simultaneously. Notifications for online turns would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.