Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Tokaido» Forums » General

Subject: Accessory pack figures - standard board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
Do the figures in the accessory pack fit on the standard sized board, or are they too large to be practical? I was considering buying the accessory pack for this coming Christmas, since I thought it would add a bit more fun for my girlfriend, but I'm not sure if the figures are too big for our standard board. We already have the crossroads and Matsuri expansions.

We usually play the 2-player game, which uses 3 characters. Would they all fit well on the standard board?

It's a shame you can't buy the larger board separate. For that matter, why doesn't the accessory pack come with the larger board, since that's the only thing missing to convert the standard game into the deluxe version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The figures are indeed a bit large for the standard board. I bought the accessory-pack myself and played some games on the standard board, but ended up buying the deluxe version in the end. It's still playable on the standard, though but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bases on the figures are too wide for the round circles and inn spaces on the standard board. In this game you are always sticking very close in line with the other players (or the dummy) and there's just not enough space to put them nicely aligned with the road on consecutive spaces, so you have to stand them just a bit out to the sides for them to fit.

It's perfectly playable, but looks a bit awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks for the replies. Kinda what I figured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls