I'm in my prime.
Finally finished season 1. The previous four shows (Daredevil 1 and 2, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage) I binge-watched over the course of a few days. Not so with Iron Fist. I got through it, but I often thought about quitting the show. Why?
1. Boring and slow. I got up, washed dishes, and did other things during the show, not bothering to pause.
2. The Iron Fist kinda kind of a wimp. Daredevil takes on scores of Russians or Hand ninjas, while TIF couldn't handle even a couple. Colleen kicked more butt than TIF.
3. Danny Rand was a little too whiny for me. Reminded me of Luke Skywalker.
4. The Iron Fist was maybe the least interesting character in the show. Madam Gao, Bakuto, Davos, Dad Meechum, and Colleen were all much more interesting characters.
5. The whole show is about Danny's guilt with his parents death. Everything is his fault. And the show ends with SPOILER ALERT, more guilt because he wasn't there to protect his city.
6. Kept waiting for TIF to kick some major butt, and he never did. No payoff at the end.
I liked Colleen and Bakuto. Dad Meechum was pretty sinister.
Really wanted to like TIF. It ended on a clifffhanger, but I would be surprised to see them do a second season. Having him in the Defenders team up will be fine, but I am not that interested in the storyline moving forward.
What do y'all think?
I don't remember what I ate last night
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
I tend to agree. For a character that is supposed to be a BAMF, he was pretty wimpy at times. Daredevil could kick the crap out of him unless he was somehow lucky enough to harness his chi.
I'm fairly sure the cliffhanger at the end is part of the lead-in for The Defenders. They've been dropping hints for a while about the upcoming showdown with the Hand.
There's another thread here somewhere with people offering similar opinions as well. Found it: No Iron Fist discussions?
- Last edited Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:49 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 am
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
I liked it, but didn't love it. Here is my overview:
* Episodes 1 - 4: Very good, but didn't blow me away
* Episodes 5 - 6: Excellent - - it seemed like the show "turned the corner" here and was about to explode into greatness
* Episodes 7 - 12: What happened? Where is the greatness?
* Episode 13: That's it? Where is the fabulous season 1 climax?
I will definitely watch season 2, but without high expectations.
- Last edited Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:00 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:59 pm