I just played my first game but ran into a few situations that I did not know how to rule. I was hoping someone could help me figure these out.
Mission: Plane & Simple
Ship: Rogue spitfire
1. Is the event in the mission card a separate day (i.e. 3rd day on region 3) or just part of the second day?
2. If you are critically damaged in the fight against the commander from the event, do you just lose the game?
3. The Rogue spitfire has a card called "escape artist" which says to immediately "escape the battle" and take no damage for the phase. Does that mean the entire battle is immediately over (all enemy ships discarded) or does it just make you avoid all damage(from all ships) for that battle round? If the entire battle is immediately over, does that count as a "victory" for game effects that might depend on the outcome of the battle?
4. For cards like the "Steam Albatross" does the draw effect resolve when playing it in step 2 of the attack phase or when resolving enemy actions in step 3?
4.1 For cards that say "draw and may play immediately" does that mean you don't have to have the necessary action (attack/evade/tech) available?
5. Do you move the ships every day? The rule book makes it sound like the ships do not move on days that a new region is entered but that seems odd.
6. The region "The Morley effect" does not have the patrol symbol printed on it (at least my copy). Does that mean this region can not be patrolled or is it just a misprint?
3) Battle is over but you ran away so you are not the victor. If you did this in the final battle you would lose the game.
4) Step 3 I'm pretty sure.
5) I believe they move everyday but I'm curious what part of the rulebook you are referring to?
6) Good question.