Villages of Valeria» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo play - curating your building deck ahead of time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A
United States
flag msg tools
Hello BGG!

I am enjoying this game solo more than I thought I would. What is interesting to me is how I must adapt a different strategy depending on the makeup of the building deck and adventurer deck. It is a tough decision - which cards to trash and which to build/develop.

For the purposes of this thread I am leaving the adventurer deck untouched, as I play with 16 random adventurers after adding in the expansion adventurers.

Sometimes the choice is easy, for instance if you have already built the Armory, you can use the extra copies of that as trash fodder.

Or if you get lucky and draw cards that give a building resource bonus, you will want to get that out early to help save some gold.

So I had the idea to curate the building deck ahead of time instead of shuffling and drawing 35 random cards. This could make it easier to achieve a high score. I have read through the threads discussing the ease of scoring high, but still I think it could be a fun maximization exercise (which is what this game essentially is anyway).

How would you go about doing this? I think you would need to include a good mix of high value cards and trash fodder.

I would start with cards that give a gold bonus, then cheap building cards that give a resource bonus. Beyond that, for trash fodder I am thinking some of the 0pt buildings and/or some of those cards that give you a card draw bonus.

I will report back with the results, but just wanted to share my idea.

Kyle A.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.