GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,441 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

David Watry
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I just noticed the change to the SHCD BGG page. It has been updated to SHCD: The Thames Murders & Other Cases. Along with that it now shows not the 2012 version cover with Sherlock on BGG, but instead it now shows what I assume will be the new Space Cowboy 2017 cover. So will the new Volume 1 have this new title? That is my guess. Or is this Vol 2 that has the (soon to be) newly translated French cases. Or something else (Vol 4)?

The link embedded in on the page sends you to the 2012 version of the base game on Amazon. Anybody know anything? Or any new news on when Vol 1 or 2 will come out (in the US or anywhere else)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Chiappini
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reprint of the original SHCD has been given a new subtitle to make it fit the new standards by Asmodee and Space Cowboys. The cases have been tweaked, but not overhauled according to the publisher. It will be volume 1 in the series, where Jack the Ripper was volume 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Watry
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I did a little sleuthing with the picture of the cover. The picture shows a newspaper on the front. Dated Saturday March 15, 1886. That predates the original cases by 2 years. I haven't checked other volumes of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Watry
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
PowerAndPlenty wrote:
The reprint of the original SHCD has been given a new subtitle to make it fit the new standards by Asmodee and Space Cowboys. The cases have been tweaked, but not overhauled according to the publisher. It will be volume 1 in the series, where Jack the Ripper was volume 2.

SHCD Jack/West is Vol 3. Vol 2 is expected to be the newer French cases yet unpublished in English. But makes sense about keeping the subtitles similar. Thames Murders would pretty much fit with original cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Mahon
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why the BGG page has been changed though? That makes the database inaccurate as this new version is the title of only one (as yet unavailable) version of this 33 year old game. Surely the main game entry should remain as it has always been, with a version entry showing the apparent new name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"The game is afoot!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Note there is this too, which could be volume 3 2:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/223931/sherlock-holmes-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Watry
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
whitescar wrote:
Note there is this too, which could be volume 3:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/223931/sherlock-holmes-c...

COOL!

So I guess it is all speculation which one will be which volume, not that it really matters.

The Carlton House is a reprint and retranslation of The Mansion Murder which from the original game was Volume 2.

So the real question is where will the 'new' French cases show up. I think there are about 5 of them (I really should look them up). Will they spread them out in the new volumes or will they show up in their own volume.

At this point my guess, and it is only a guess as I have no insight, is:
Vol 1: Thames Murder (reprint of the original game, again)
Vol 2: Carlton House (reprint/retranslation of Murder Mansion)
Vol 3: Jack Ripper/West End (out now)
and pure speculation, Vol 4: Queen's Park Affair (?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
The Carton House link says it's Carlton House and Queen's park, which puts the count at 3, not 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.