GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,778 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Invaders» Forums » General

Subject: Unique enough to survive next to Revolver 1 & 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars F.
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To mention it right away, I do think that Revolver is one of the best games for 2 players out there.
Therefore holding another 2-player-game by Mark Chaplin let me pause for a moment.

I watched Tom Vasel's video review and saw several similarities to Revolver.
Therefore I wonder if this game is unique enough to co-exist with Revolver.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.S. Benistant
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I would say: YES !! I like both games of Revolver (I & II) and Invaders. Both themes are fun to me, and I enjoy stepping into these worlds.
Invaders plays different from Revolver, although there are some similarities. Invaders has many many more playing options, and that is big fun ! The different strategies for each player (5 for the Invader and 4 + OPS Centre for the Human player) are fun, and you can choose to play none, some or all of them. Usually you will play at least a few.
The two decks are completely different, and again, they have many many options to play. The Human player has a smaller second deck for his Heroes. When all of them are gone he will lose.
It's exciting if the Invasion Plot Track will go to zero or not.
For me the game is very exciting. You really have the feel of nasty Aliens who invade the world, and Humans, who desperately try to prevend this.
When You like SF 2 player cardgames I can recommend this game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars F.
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.S. Benistant
Netherlands
flag msg tools
You're welcome !
There is also a unique system of paying cards when you want to get them into play. Some cards are free of charge, and for others you have to pay with cards from your hand or from your draw deck (called draining) or both ! The Alien player (the Invader) can reduce these costs with one card, but then he has to move the Plot Track Marker down one space. Both players can reduce costs with some cards that are already in play. Interesting and sometimes tough decisions are to be made. This also gives the game tons of variety, and replayability is high !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars F.
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, ok, ok. Got it. Need to buy. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.