GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,574 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Last Chance for Victory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reserves and Fluke Stoppage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Turpin
United Kingdom
Bar Hill
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to issue an attack order to Heths Division and want to mitigate against fluke stoppage by creating a reserve. Pettigrew and Brockenbough are fresh (no destroyed/wrecked units), Archer and Davis have destroyed/wrecked units. With a Division of 3+ Brigades, I need a Brigade with no destroyed/wrecked units to form the reserve, so in this case I would have to select Pettigrew or Brockenbough. Is this my only option available if I want to maintain the +2 reserve DRM on the fluke stoppage table for the attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's your only option. It's going to be tough to use Heth's division effectively after the Recon In Force. Even if you do have a reserve, there's still a chance for fluke stoppage to occur and in that case it'll be even harder to get an Attack Recovery due to those dead/wrecked units, regardless of any reserve. If you're still on July 1, it might be better to have Heth pull back and wait for the rest of his corps to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turpin
United Kingdom
Bar Hill
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that possibly was the case.

I'm playing the 1st July at the moment. It's the start of the 12:30 turn and I'm waiting for Ewell/Lee to show up. The recon in force was called off ahead of time after the Iron Brigade chewed up Archer and was about to flank Davis who was holding his own against Cutler (doing quite well actually). Archer/Davis pulled back and Heth was able to perform an attack recovery! So now Heth is good to go again.

If I had failed to perform an attack recovery on Heth however, would this prevent Pettigrew/Brockenbough from being given an attack order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Per 2.1c, Heth does not need to do Attack Recovery when the RIF ends. One of the few advantages he gets for not pushing very hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turpin
United Kingdom
Bar Hill
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Thanks for clarifying that Dean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.