Hide
2 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: TLT/Cluster Missiles and accuracy corrector rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Cowlishaw
msg tools
Quick query - given the way the timing chart is written, "perform this attack twice" attacks have a tendancy to count as one attack (with a loop in the middle) for a lot of rules purposes:

~ Fire Control System only triggers once it's all finished
~ Munitions Failsafe needs you not to get a hit on either attack to trigger
~ R3-A2 can only be triggered once

What I was wondering is if it would therefore count as one attack for accuracy correctors?

i.e., if I trigger accuracy corrector on my first shot to add 2 hits, the "you may not modify this attack further" rule comes into play - will it still be in force when I get to the second roll attack dice step? If so, it'd stop me triggering accuracy corrector a second time (or, indeed, doing anything else at all).

If not, what step on the timing chart removes the "Your dice cannot be modified again during this attack" rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nope.

The only things that treat PTAT weapons as a single attack are things that work on 'declare target', which only happens once for PTAT weapons (e.g. R3A2) and things that work 'after attacking/defending' or 'after performing/defending against an attack (that hits/misses/whatever)', which trigger point only occurs once per the timing chart (e.g. Tactician).

All other things treat the attacks as two separate attacks, which is why AC can work on either or both.

Cycling back to the start of the attack sequence again is what removes the restriction from AC - because it's no longer 'this attack'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.