GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Morels: Foray» Forums » General

Subject: Stretch Goals on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! In less than 24 hours, the kickstarter has funded, blown past the first three stretch goals and now we're in the realm of dragons.

Congratulations to
Brent Povis
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and Vince Dorse!

I'm sure that they planned something more for this... although I would be prefectly happy with just Foray and the HC bits! So my question is, what would you like to see as stretch goals?

I'd like to see a slipcase for the base game and the expansion boxes to keep them together on my shelf... and maybe an "at your feet" card with shoes/boots on it like the one included in the Fungi version.

Edited to add: Of course, dragons would also be cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How would that At Your Feet card work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:
How would that At Your Feet card work?

I'm not sure- there is one in the European Fungi game- I think it might just be a marker card for where in the forest you are but since I don't have Fungi, I can't say. It's a cute card though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I mentioned on in the KS comments. A card that is a mushroom finding dog that allows you to take 2 of the same mushroom from the forest if available regardless of the setup of the forest. Or another mushroom cutting knife that allows the player to collect 2 different cards from the forest.

I also love the playmat idea something printed on mouse pad material with the same art that would look great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wi1ky wrote:
Like I mentioned on in the KS comments. A card that is a mushroom finding dog that allows you to take 2 of the same mushroom from the forest if available regardless of the setup of the forest. Or another mushroom cutting knife that allows the player to collect 2 different cards from the forest.

I also love the playmat idea something printed on mouse pad material with the same art that would look great.

I love the idea of the play mat as well... and I'm thinking that we can use the designer cards to make a dog card- maybe with the art from Agility. But we still would need a truffle card set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

I love the idea of the play mat as well... and I'm thinking that we can use the designer cards to make a dog card- maybe with the art from Agility. But we still would need a truffle card set.

That is true. Hmm I wonder if there is any way to incorporate the truffles into the game. I understand there needs to be balance in the cards and not sure if it would be worth it to add another mushroom card to replace another type. Hmmmm I am sure Brent has some ideas for SGs I am looking forward to hearing what he, himself has
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wi1ky wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

That is true. Hmm I wonder if there is any way to incorporate the truffles into the game. I understand there needs to be balance in the cards and not sure if it would be worth it to add another mushroom card to replace another type. Hmmmm I am sure Brent has some ideas for SGs I am looking forward to hearing what he, himself has

Indeed! Brent's ideas are far superior- I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Povis
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

Indeed! Brent's ideas are far superior- I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time!

Hey guys! 35k SG will be a small but I think useful one given the budding conversations around card ideas that I'm enjoying and hope really takes off. Talking to Panda and working with Kaleen to evaluate ideas if/when we get closer to 1k backers. Those ideas were back-burnered, figuring the campaign wouldn't get this far this fast (if at all)! Now they are front burner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpovis wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

Hey guys! 35k SG will be a small but I think useful one given the budding conversations around card ideas that I'm enjoying and hope really takes off. Talking to Panda and working with Kaleen to evaluate ideas if/when we get closer to 1k backers. Those ideas were back-burnered, figuring the campaign wouldn't get this far this fast (if at all)! Now they are front burner!

I think you under estimated the popularity of your game... and possibly the value we all place on your ideas and superior customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Povis
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
bpovis wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

I think you under estimated the popularity of your game... and possibly the value we all place on your ideas and superior customer service.

I hear you Gretchen. I know the 35k was a holding pattern (though I do think it can be useful and fun...have seen some really cool additions people have made with the Agility blanks) and better is coming. Sent out some queries yesterday and am now hearing back. Working on a new Stretch Goals graphic that will post tonight. Two ideas Kaleen and I loved from the start, just had to determine feasibility, and one that emerged from the campaign. Mooohahahaaaaaa I'm pumped, hope you will be too! Bear in mind I can't commission new art with Vince, so don't skew hopes in that direction, but I think these will be sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpovis wrote:
wren08 wrote:
bpovis wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

I hear you Gretchen. I know the 35k was a holding pattern (though I do think it can be useful and fun...have seen some really cool additions people have made with the Agility blanks) and better is coming. Sent out some queries yesterday and am now hearing back. Working on a new Stretch Goals graphic that will post tonight. Two ideas Kaleen and I loved from the start, just had to determine feasibility, and one that emerged from the campaign. Mooohahahaaaaaa I'm pumped, hope you will be too! Bear in mind I can't commission new art with Vince, so don't skew hopes in that direction, but I think these will be sweet.

As I said on the KS page, I can't wait to see what you have come up with!

Personally, I don't see the digital cards as a 'holding pattern'. They can be so much- it's all in what each person makes of them. So far I've thought of a custom name for the market card and a couple of neat ideas for others... and that's on top of the dog and knife cards we talked about earlier.

I notice that there's always a lot of chatter about the stretch goals on a kickstarter. I want to tell you that I would back Foray if there were NO stretch goals... and feel like I got a really good deal. The game is great, the expansion looks like so much fun and the handcrafted bits are above and beyond anything that could come up- the best is already there! (I'm still gob-smacked that you're making all these yourself surprise)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
bpovis wrote:
wren08 wrote:
bpovis wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:
wren08 wrote:
wi1ky wrote:

As I said on the KS page, I can't wait to see what you have come up with!

Personally, I don't see the digital cards as a 'holding pattern'. They can be so much- it's all in what each person makes of them. So far I've thought of a custom name for the market card and a couple of neat ideas for others... and that's on top of the dog and knife cards we talked about earlier.

I notice that there's always a lot of chatter about the stretch goals on a kickstarter. I want to tell you that I would back Foray if there were NO stretch goals... and feel like I got a really good deal. The game is great, the expansion looks like so much fun and the handcrafted bits are above and beyond anything that could come up- the best is already there! (I'm still gob-smacked that you're making all these yourself surprise)

Ditto. If the expansion was just the new cards and the hand carved tagua nut it would be enough. I also like that the SGs are not adding content just for the sake of adding content, no silly oh we reach 50k and get a new deck of space mushrooms etcetera.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow we are now past 50K we will be getting the awesome bag, I cannot wait to see what design Brant and TLG guys come up with. Also I see we have no SGs 55K solo variant upgrade, 60K solo tournament (global) and then what, really excited and thrilled for the TLG team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.