GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Citrus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cart Tile Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hi all. I just got done playing my second game of Citrus (first full game, after a partial "learning game" yesterday), and I ran into a question about the cart action tile.

The situation was this: I had no workers on my player board and a cart tile in hand. I chose to harvest one field, which gave me my worker back and 2 coins.

Then I played the cart, which let me build a plantation tile. It was a new plantation, so I put my newly acquired worker on it. This completed and scored a finca in my favor.

Now, because I played the cart tile during a Harvest action, could I continue my harvest and harvest this new plantation to get my worker back again and another 2 coins?

This doesn't feel quite right, but I'm having a hard time pointing to the rule that prevents it. I know you normally harvest all fields at once before taking income Perhaps by taking the first 2 coins, I officially ended my turn before I could have played the cart tile?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSB046 wrote:
This doesn't feel quite right, but I'm having a hard time pointing to the rule that prevents it. I know you normally harvest all fields at once before taking income Perhaps by taking the first 2 coins, I officially ended my turn before I could have played the cart tile?

Thanks!

First I think this is incorrect. The rules for harvesting read this way. Never mind, I found this thread here that contradicts how I read the rules https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1063035/harvesting-more-pla...

Rulebook wrote:
Instead of building, you may harvest one or more of your plantation regions, as long as you possess at least one on the
board. Harvesting plantations awards you with points and income.

*For each plantation tile harvested, you receive 1 point. For each plantation tile with a well, you receive 2 points.

*After scoring a region of plantations, you take the worker from that region and place it back in the left-most free space on your player mat.

So if you're harvesting 3 regions, you do them one at a time, not all at once. Note the last line says "After scoring a region of plantations" that's a single set of tiles based on color, not everything you intend to harvest in your harvest action. At least that's how I've always understood it.

CSB046 wrote:
Hi all. I just got done playing my second game of Citrus (first full game, after a partial "learning game" yesterday), and I ran into a question about the cart action tile.

The situation was this: I had no workers on my player board and a cart tile in hand. I chose to harvest one field, which gave me my worker back and 2 coins.

Then I played the cart, which let me build a plantation tile. It was a new plantation, so I put my newly acquired worker on it. This completed and scored a finca in my favor.

Now, because I played the cart tile during a Harvest action, could I continue my harvest and harvest this new plantation to get my worker back again and another 2 coins?

Now to this part, the rules for action tiles state you can play them anytime you want during your turn, even before, during or after you do something. So yes, you could harvest the next plantation you just created from playing the Cart action tile.

This is how I understand the rules anyways.

Since the above changed, I think you'd have to wait until your next turn to do it. I think in the rules, I mistakenly thought that scoring the region and taking income happened at the same time, but apparently, you score all the regions, one after another, then after all the workers have returned, you take income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSB046 wrote:

By the way you worded this it feels to me like a mis-step may have taken place - scoring at the wrong moment.

From the rules,

If, at the end of a turn, all 8 spaces around a Finca (including diagonally adjacent) are occupied (by plantations, landscape tiles or rocks), that Finca is scored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.