United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb

mephistocardgame.com

2017 Two-Player Print and Play Game Design Contest

Overview
Mephisto is a strategy card game for 1-4 players. You play as one of the unlucky adventurers enslaved by the trickster demon Mephisto. To earn your soul back, you must race to collect seven monster souls for the demon...but you aren't the only one on this morbid quest. Be the first to appease the demon and fell your rivals to win Mephisto's game of life and death!

The board is built of a 3x3 grid from the dungeon deck.

Players spend their turn in 3 steps:

Explore
Equip
Fight/Rest

You will start by exploring a row in the dungeon and resolving any traps or events you reveal. Then, during your equip step you can play cards from your hand, activate weapons or items in your inventory or play spell cards. In the final step you will either fight a monster (and capture its soul) or rest instead (draw a card from the deck).

When you have 7 souls, you may fight your opponent instead of a monster. If you win this fight you win the game!

Rules Doc

PnP Files

Tabletop Simulator

Components:
117 Cards
2 6-Sided Dice (I suggest playing with 2 more dice just in case)

Play Time:
30-45 Mins

Mechanics:
Hand Management
Dice Rolling
Card Drafting

Prize Categories:

- Best Art/Graphic Design
- Best Game
- Best New Designer
- Best New Mechanic

Card Artwork

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Luis Zapata De Santiago
Mexico
Guadalajara
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I saw your post on Reddit about the game; I'm really interested on making a print and play!

I would love to also feature the game in our Spanish written blog http://la-matatena.com

We are now playtesting some other games, but this one is the first one with that many cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Hoddinott
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Caution: Link for components has "Adobe Acrobat" screen with a link to install it. Seems unusual ... even suspicious. Could OP please update the component link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sílvio Jesus
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GarryHoddinott wrote:
Caution: Link for components has "Adobe Acrobat" screen with a link to install it. Seems unusual ... even suspicious. Could OP please update the component link.

Downloaded the file, scanned it, no virus.

It's probably due to how he saved the .pdf. Must have some functionality that prevents it from opening in gdrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Mangini
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
zapata131 wrote:

I saw your post on Reddit about the game; I'm really interested on making a print and play!

I would love to also feature the game in our Spanish written blog http://la-matatena.com

We are now playtesting some other games, but this one is the first one with that many cards.

Hi Jose, a feature sounds great thumbsup. Let me know how it goes and thanks for your interest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Mangini
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
GarryHoddinott wrote:

Ah it looks like I saved as a pdf portfolio instead of a combined pdf yuk. The components link is updated now - thanks for pointing that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Welcome to the contest Dylan! Good luck.
JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mb
PLAYTESTER SPOT PRIZES

This game is eligible for a playtester spot prize for the next week!

See this post for more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Mangini
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Update: I added some artwork to the bottom of the main post and a Tabletop Simulator link for those who would rather playtest digitally. I also have a gameplay walkthrough video here (the version of the game in the video may be different than the one currently playable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.