GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I activated "Give Him a Little Incentive" which lets me look at a hidden card and then possibly move it to the Combat Zone.

The card I revealed was a Hazard.

Is there any value to moving the Hazard to the Combat Zone? Do I get to bypass its effects somehow? Or should I just put it back, knowing where it is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
I activated "Give Him a Little Incentive" which lets me look at a hidden card and then possibly move it to the Combat Zone.

The card I revealed was a Hazard.

Is there any value to moving the Hazard to the Combat Zone? Do I get to bypass its effects somehow? Or should I just put it back, knowing where it is?

When you reveal a hazard through any means it immediately activates, then it's discarded. You don't get to bypass or delay it's effect. It never goes to the combat zone.

EDIT: I'm not familiar with the exact text of the card you're referencing, maybe it's played differently. Can you post the complete card text?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
Curious, eh? :)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Tech - Activate: Look at a hidden card in the Complex. You may move it to Combat Zone."

I think the "look" word is what's important here. It doesn't say "reveal", neither "scan a room". If you look at a hidden card you may move it to CZ if it's allowed for the particular type of card, or leave it hidden where it is and possibly reveal it later by scanning, or just wait until it comes to CZ in a normal way. But I agree the Brett card's ability could be a bit confusing, especially to new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogue Keeper wrote:
"Tech - Activate: Look at a hidden card in the Complex. You may move it to Combat Zone."

I think the "look" word is what's important here. It doesn't say "reveal", neither "scan a room". If you look at a hidden card you may move it to CZ if it's allowed for the particular type of card, or leave it hidden where it is and possibly reveal it later by scanning, or just wait until it comes to CZ in a normal way. But I agree the Brett card's ability could be a bit confusing, especially to new players.

Is this from an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
Curious, eh? :)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Engineer Brett uncommon card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
you cant by pass it, but you do get to choose on whether youre affected by the hazard or not. the only benefit is if you cant risk taking the hazard, you can leave it where it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, gang.

It's as I figured, but the specific combo seemed odd. A rule hiccup I hadn't faced in any other session of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually very useful, as if you are reasonably in control of the 'queue' you can leave it there and avoid turning it over, but you can also distinctly control if/when it would trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.