GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,334 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tewaren Gem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this work?

1) Do I just get a Trove Loot Chest during my recovery phase, or do I have to search for a merchant somehow? Seems like I just get it, but wording is confusing.

2) Can I try to open the Trove Loot during the recovery phase I get it? I am guessing yes as you can do things in any order but just want clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the sme question yesterday.
We ruled you have to spend your one allowed action to use the card. So no healing or scouting during that phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That is how I played it too. Hope this FAQ gets done soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Smith
msg tools
Any more info on this? Played a learning game of TMB and this gems wording or how/where it's supposed to be used was too confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen any official ruling yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if you're supposed to use the "Search for Better Loot" option during Recovery Phase to find the merchant: if you roll any bones you have found the merchant. The problem with this is that searching for better loot says you're supposed to discard a loot card, so if this is the way to find a merchant, that would suck to lose the gem that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevozip wrote:
I wonder if you're supposed to use the "Search for Better Loot" option during Recovery Phase to find the merchant: if you roll any bones you have found the merchant. The problem with this is that searching for better loot says you're supposed to discard a loot card, so if this is the way to find a merchant, that would suck to lose the gem that way.

That is how we played it the first time. Rolled no bones. Got angry. Then changed to just get it for free. Also, that interpretation didn't work because it didn't make sense to take more than one. But who knows, we definitely need an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Ryan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules only subject on using Loot is that it can be used on your turn during battle. Any exceptions are written explicitly on the loot cards themselves.

I've been playing that Tewaren Gem must be exchanged for a Trove Loot during your turn in combat, though it does make more since "thematically" to have to use your "Once-per Rest" action to search for a merchant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite sure the text is "just" fluff...

So, re OP, it would be option 1: during your recovery phase, you are somehow able to find a merchant and exchange the gem for a Trove Loot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhoAskedU wrote:
I've been playing that Tewaren Gem must be exchanged for a Trove Loot during your turn in combat, though it does make more since "thematically" to have to use your "Once-per Rest" action to search for a merchant.

The card actually state "during your Recovery Phase", so definitely not during combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just encountered this too. I think this is the games way of giving you a treasure loot card from the loot pile? I agree that it seems it would be automatic and I'm hoping doesn't cost the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just added this to the website FAQ, it does *not* cost an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.