GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,575 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » News

Subject: Dead of Winter comics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a bonafide Sparky the Stunt Dog fan, I feel it is my duty to report on this development.

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/790

Btw, is this a first? First comic based on a board game property (where the board game isn't itself an adaptation of another medium)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
As a bonafide Sparky the Stunt Dog fan, I feel it is my duty to report on this development.

Btw, is this a first? First comic based on a board game property (where the board game isn't itself an adaptation of another medium)?

No, Zombie Plague is one instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
"Courage isn't the matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - 3rd Doctor
badge
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
That is frigin' awesome!

Can't wait to read Sparky's adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:

Wild West Exodus also launched with a comic - although it is technically a miniatures game and not a board game - so never mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchkin has had a comic book for over a year now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:

To me, Dead of Winter is very much an adaptation of The Walking Dead, so this wouldn't be a first. However, it would be the first comic that's based on a board game that's based on a comic.

There are also Magic: The Gathering comic books (I know, Magic isn't a board game, but as a tabletop game, it's close).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American Pi
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
It would be hilarious if there were an explanation on how Sparky the Stunt Dog is able to use a gun and other tools in the comic.

Really, though, hype. I adore Dead of Winter for its storytelling elements and I'm super looking forward to the story based on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
XDarkAngelX wrote:

To me, Dead of Winter is very much an adaptation of The Walking Dead, so this wouldn't be a first. However, it would be the first comic that's based on a board game that's based on a comic.

There are also Magic: The Gathering comic books (I know, Magic isn't a board game, but as aa tabletop game, it's close).

YES! - First comic of a board game of a comic - genius.

Nice work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.