GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,255 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dead Men Tell No Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Passing Actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Dundon
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Our Pirates are typically selfish and/or too busy to pass extra actions to their crewmates, but when this does occur, one question:

Jade uses 3 of her 5 actions and passes her 2 extra tokens to Flynn. He only uses his own 5 actions on his turn. He passes 2 tokens back to Jade (they are the only 2 pirates in this adventure).

Does Jade have 7 actions for her next turn or just 5?

Seems like it is 7, based on "Remember: You always get all of your Action Tokens at the beginning of each turn, plus any tokens that were
passed to you by the player on your right." So, if this is the case, then I am thinking that as soon as extra tokens are passed, the pirate passing them should replenish back to five on her own board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of.

Flynn can use the two tokens Jade passed to him first, plus three of his own. Then he passes two of his tokens to Jade. She starts with 5 of her own, plus two of Flynn's.

It seems like a semantic difference, but there may be cases where it makes a difference. Each pirate should first use any tokens passed to them by another player, then use their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Right. Basically, the person to your right has to have all their action tokens back at the end of your turn. Once you have that right, you can pass and tokens left to your left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio de Souza Vieira
Brazil
São Paulo
Brasil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I combine early in the game, for example:
There are 2 actions left and the player passes. At his turn, he uses the actions and immediately gives me back his for use. If you do the actions and want to move to the next, do the same keeping the same number of each character.
In the case of having the 7 actions and deciding not to use (which is rare in our games) returns me the 2 and passes to the next player his 5.
The interaction between us allows that, when we forget to pass the unused actions, the player can ask if he can use those that are left over.
Sergio Vieira.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.