GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,152 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Wave 2 Shipping - Campaign Book rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I've seen a couple comments both here and on the KS page that Monolith haven't mentioned anything about when the Campaign Book will arrive, and people seem to be worrying about the long delay.

Quoting update #194:
Quote:
The week after (from April 24th), the campaign book will be delivered to the hubs who will start sending them out.

So with luck they won't be delayed very long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swammeyjoe wrote:
I've seen a couple comments both here and on the KS page that Monolith haven't mentioned anything about when the Campaign Book will arrive, and people seem to be worrying about the long delay.

Quoting update #194:
Quote:
The week after (from April 24th), the campaign book will be delivered to the hubs who will start sending them out.

So with luck they won't be delayed very long.

Finally! Thank you! I read this initially and it's been driving me nuts, because people keep asking about this, when the answer was right there in the update! I was a late backer, though, so I can't post in the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Epaka Andronica
msg tools
That April 24th shipping date for the Campaign Book doesn't apply to US, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, or backers in Asia. I'm one of those backers who'd like Monolith to clarify the status of the Campaign Book. It's not a huge deal, as I'm overall delighted with the game, but the lack of clarity and communication on this particular issue is.... odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epaka wrote:
That April 24th shipping date for the Campaign Book doesn't apply to US, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, or backers in Asia. I'm one of those backers who'd like Monolith to clarify the status of the Campaign Book. It's not a huge deal, as I'm overall delighted with the game, but the lack of clarity and communication on this particular issue is.... odd.

One can infer that if it's a week behind for Europe, it isn't that far behind for the US. People in the KS were saying they didn't expect it for months and months and other wild speculations when it said right there in that update it wasn't that far behind. I think Monolith expected all of us to be able to use the context clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Epaka wrote:

The section of the update about US backers was written by ShipNaked, I wouldn't expect them to know the detailed status of the shipments TO the hubs. Monolith wrote the other part of the update, and gave more specific information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

We stick to what we said: the campaign book will be delivered to our local hubs beginning of next week. They should start sending them out right away

Edit: a picture to show you what the cover is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Angliss
msg tools
Cool! That looks like a pretty thick tome as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks awesome! For those that didn't zoom in, under the Conan title it has a subtitle that says, "The Legend of the Devil in Iron."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Angliss
msg tools
Thinking about it, any chance of a couple of photos of the contents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Here you go!

PS: It's a mix of French and English copies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Angliss
msg tools
Thanks! This looks very interesting! Are those item cards in the last pic?Is the campaign linked scenarios, or is there continuity across the games, like equipment carried over, or increased experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
dickie987056 wrote:
Thanks! This looks very interesting! Are those item cards in the last pic?Is the campaign linked scenarios, or is there continuity across the games, like equipment carried over, or increased experience?

I wouldn't want to spoil the campaign system, but I can tell you that you will be able to carry equipment over scenarios and that there will be a system of Experience Points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very disappointed I did not include this in my pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Walker
msg tools
mbmb
How many scenarios? How many pages? Who are the characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Epaka Andronica
msg tools
Sweeeeet!! Thanks for the update. Still not sure why Monolith couldn't provide a simple update and/or sneak peek over on the KS page, but, whatevs. I'll take you at your word that I should be seeing that awesome looking tome along with the three Expansions at my door within a week or two. My bad for not 'inferring' harder...
As a side note, I've been defending Monolith for 2 yrs+ now on the KS comment section. Other than being late with their first KS (understandable) and some lacking communication as of late, I'm absolutely thrilled with the game they delivered. As a lifelong Conan fan, the very fact that a GREAT game for the property exists is a dream come true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Epaka wrote:
Sweeeeet!! Thanks for the update. Still not sure why Monolith couldn't provide a simple update and/or sneak peek over on the KS page, but, whatevs. I'll take you at your word that I should be seeing that awesome looking tome along with the three Expansions at my door within a week or two. My bad for not 'inferring' harder...
As a side note, I've been defending Monolith for 2 yrs+ now on the KS comment section. Other than being late with their first KS (understandable) and some lacking communication as of late, I'm absolutely thrilled with the game they delivered. As a lifelong Conan fan, the very fact that a GREAT game for the property exists is a dream come true.

Thank you for your support. It is a beacon in a sea of less pleasant things to read
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Epaka Andronica
msg tools
Yes, it has certainly gotten plenty nasty over on the KS site at times. I've only backed a handful of projects (mostly Conan related), so I'm not clear if the negativity, entitlement, and vitriol are commonplace after the initial 'high' of a campaign is over.
I think Monolith has done a great job on the game, and that's not just the REH fanboy in me talking, I play a ton of different games and Conan is among my favorites. It gives me the same thrill as a full fledged RPG in a much more concise package. I play with some very discerning gamers who fully agree.
I'm spreading the word as best I can, I'd love to see this game maintain a healthy fan base well into the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Baker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to the Campaign/Art book with great anticipation. I backed this KS fully and have been (with a few exceptions....I'm looking at you, lion) extremely pleased with this game. original, thematic, and most importantly FUN. With a ton of replayability....doesn't really ever end as far as I can see....as long as you find or make new scenarios, the game keeps giving. It is a great game, with or without, KS exclusives. It is great value, with or without, KS exclusives. The KS exclusives don't make the game better; it is after all the same game. They just give more options. The retail version is by itself a great game.

Having followed the KS from the beginning, all the negativity seems to break down into five basic areas;

Irritation at delays...understandable, but we were kept informed as to what was happening and why. Logistics is an implacable foe.

Irritation/outrage over 'social' issues. Really , a lot of these people would complain about a free lunch. If it isn't EXACTLY portraying things the way that they feel it should then here comes the waahmbulance.

Irritation over translation issues. Some legit, some from people who apparently can't understand written directions. Some of the comments I've read have convinced me to never have the authors make me a cup of instant coffee.

Irritation at having missed out or been unwilling/unable to back the KS and then complaining that since they now can't get certain items the game is crap and they didn't want to ever buy it in the first place. And why won't Monolith allow them to have the toys they want....meanies.

Lastly, the inability to easily on-the-fly mix and match anything and everything desired and the apparent inabilty to understand that the very nature of the game's design, the factors that make it so original, interesting and FUN conspire to make that basically impossible. Scenario objectives and foes can make the prescence/ absence of particular skills/items wildly unbalancing. And no matter (apparently) how many times that is pointed out the response seems to be 'why not'? Sigh. With care and thought however, substitutions and swaps can be made. There's just no easy pushbutton method.

I really, really like this game and the new scenarios, both Monolith's and the fan made ones continue to expand horizons. Hopefully the negativity will dry up and blow away.....

And even more hopefully, maybe down the road a bit, Monolith might find a way to expand the game to cover some of the expanded Conan stories; some of Lin Carter's And de Camps stories are quite good.

The same basic system is being re-skinned for Batman. Think about all the other adventures out there. What about Leiber? Moorcock? Burroughs? So many places, so many choices. The game Monolith has created can handle them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAD SCHUBERT
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just need to pipe in and say Thank you Monolith. This game blow me away when I first opened it and went through the components and art, wow. After a play we were hooked. With the quality and amount of content we received, this has been the most successful Kickstarter I have been a part of.

So looking forward to Campaign guide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you all for your kind words guys! modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wish I could have bought this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Someone over at The Overlord fan site got their copy (in French) and posted a picture of the table of contents. Almost 100 pages, 36 of which are art and the rest the campaign. Looks good.

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/topic/719-conan-wave-2/&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got an e-mail and SMS stating that local shipping company will bring me the package tomorrow. That means I could play the campaign stuff as soon as this Saturday. Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wave 2 arrived a couple hours ago in southern Germany. Pics are being added to my Conan photo album:

https://goo.gl/photos/bkNofQaFEFuDuCXS7

but my gaming table is currently filled with Zombicide, so i can't say when i'll get around to unboxing/looting the 3 expansion boxes and campaign book (which i wasn't expecting to be hardcover).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am disappointed. The quality of the cards is probably the worst I have seen during the last 20 years. They are not really cards. Instead, they are markers that must be popped off from the sheets. I hope there is no need to shuffle them with the base game cards because they are recognizable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.