GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

B-17 Flying Fortress Leader» Forums » General

Subject: WoooHooo! Got Mine!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Plunk
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
10 minutes ago!!!!!

DDlaughlaughlaughwhistlewhistlewhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!! Quick. Ok, more photos pls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Please re-tap the box and ship it to my address for evaluation. If it passes my quality control, I will ship it back and you can begin to enjoy...

Congrats!!!!

Still looking forward to this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine today too. Fortunately it only had to travel a couple hundred miles to get to me (shorter travel time and reduced opportunity for game box damage).

For expectation setting – expect your game box to arrive with some damage. While the shipping box is sturdy, there were no meaningful internal package protection materials packed with the game. The game box had a couple layers of flat packing paper wrapped around it and that was it. It was enough to protect from the shrink-wrapped box from surface scratches, but it did nothing to prevent or cushion internal box movement. The game box moved freely inside the shipping box. Needless to say my game box sustained a decent corner crunch. It is not bad enough to request a replacement game box, but it is disappointing because the damage likely would have been prevented by inclusion of air pillows/packing peanuts/wadded up paper in the shipping box.
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Dinner company showed up first, then the game. It sat on the coffee table and I had to wait until late to open it. Sad face!

Thick rule book, looks about twice the size of the typical Leader game.

Lotta cards!

B-24s!

Mine showed up without damage, but yeah, not only is there no padding, but the Kickstarter pin is loose in there. That makes it easy to lose if you're not looking for it when you pull, but it also means that if you turn the box the right way the game is going to smash into the pin, scratching up the game box. Here's hoping people get their games in good shape!

Meanwhile, I think I have a little time tomorrow to go through all those rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
The timing is just amazing. On Saturday, April 8, 2017 I had the privilege of riding in a B-17, an now only two weeks later I will be able to bomb some Nazi's in one. Good times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
First: Congrats on your B-17 ride! Which B-17 is that? I am guessing Aluminum Overcast.

Second: Can anyone outside of California chime in that their copy has arrived? I am very impatiently waiting in Michigan for mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B17 just landed on the Eastern Seaboard (miraculously avoiding damage with that 'packing')

Been looking forward to this one for some time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Got mine today also! But alas, it sits in my "Waiting to be punched and organized" queue. There are four games ahead of it right now... Which means I should have it punched/organized and the rulebook reviewed by June at the rate I'm going. Then who knows when I'll be able to actually get it to the table?

Damn this hobby for offering so many great games every year, while at the same time our society/culture continues to take away more and more of our leisure time to be able to play them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.