GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Future of Star Realms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Hassgård
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi! I love Star Realms and a friend of mine want to buy it. But he also wanted to know if this game will keep getting support, expansions and new stuff or if the developer will fokus on Hero Realms from now on. We both like Star Realm the most. But if Hero Realm will keep improving and be the main game in this series future, then he would probably prefer to get that. So. What do we know? Has Star Realm reached it's destination or will they continue into uncharted space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike williams
United States
Sumner
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it isn't what you asked, but the game doesn't need support. The base 15 dollar game will give you so much play time, that the value is unbeatable, and worth it even if nothing new comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
The companies continue to support both games and are designing and releasing content for both.

The sky is not falling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mayes
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will continue to get support im sure but like the first commenter said. Base game is amazing and should last you a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all expansions and many promos, 100+ games using the cards and 2000+ games digital I still prefer the original most. If this game does not get a single card more I am still very happy. But of course it is fun to throw some new cards and expansions in there sometimes for variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Klemp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Loading... 76%
badge
I am Jackson, hear me roar! *meow*
mbmbmbmbmb
Colony Wars is also an awesome stand alone and combination game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

I can confirm that Star Realms will be supported. We are not replacing it with Hero Realms.

I can also confirm that new cards are currently in development. We announced Scenarios already, but that won't be the end of it.

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
IanWWG wrote:

I can confirm that Star Realms will be supported. We are not replacing it with Hero Realms.

I can also confirm that new cards are currently in development. We announced Scenarios already, but that won't be the end of it.

Ian

Maybe custom starter decks as in Hero Realms?? Please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Uphillspin wrote:
IanWWG wrote:

Ian

Did you try these? I didn't find they fared very well. They seem designed for solo or co-op play more than pvp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
No, I haven't played Hero Realms - I have most of the Star Realms expansions so don't want to get a second similar game! I like the idea of unique starting decks though from what I've heard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to see something like Captain Packs for Star Realms the same way Hero Realms has Hero Packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Uphillspin wrote:
IanWWG wrote:

Ian

Did you try these? I didn't find they fared very well. They seem designed for solo or co-op play more than pvp.

I have to disagree here, the custom starting decks really transform Hero Realms into a better game overall. The different cards and custom powers add a fantastic new feel to the game each time you play. It makes the first part of each game more enjoyable, before you ramp up with the purchased cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.