GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,364 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghillie's Return Fire and Bones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Wallace-Moyer
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you use Return Fire (Ghillie's skill die #10) to roll attack dice instantly, can they only be used for damage, or can you put any bones you roll in your backup plan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iwallace wrote:
When you use Return Fire (Ghillie's skill die #10) to roll attack dice instantly, can they only be used for damage, or can you put any bones you roll in your backup plan?

Does the description say you can't use the bones? I know it does for Picket's Shield Wall (Innate...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon (Stanza)
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iwallace wrote:

Unless otherwise stated, only Bones rolled during your turn can be slotted in to the backup plan. So you wouldn't be able to keep the ones rolled with Return Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to ask, but is this an official answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Csida
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm also interested in an official answer for this :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon (Stanza)
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best I can do in terms of official answer is back myself up with the rulebook. Storing Bones is part of resolving your roll. So outside of that step, you don't have the opportunity to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Csida
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, makes sense again :-)

I don't even have the game yet, but already read through the rulebook and every character sheet :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enough with the uncertainty. folks. If you would have read through Ghillie's character sheet, you would have read that Return Fire says "Bones from Atk dice cannot be used in Backup Plan."

Consulting the written rule should have been the first response to this question. You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDSUChemTA wrote:
Enough with the uncertainty. folks. If you would have read through Ghillie's character sheet, you would have read that Return Fire says "Bones from Atk dice cannot be used in Backup Plan."

Consulting the written rule should have been the first response to this question. You're welcome.

That sounds like a change for the 3rd edition character sheet, as the 2nd edition doesn't provide that information, hence the original question. It's great that it's been clarified now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Csida
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome! As said before, I don't have the game (3rd edition) yet and rely on rules/sheets that are online (wonder why they didn't put the latest version online though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.