GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,565 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » General

Subject: AQ:Inferno Late Pledge - Customs charges!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I received a message from CMON regarding the possibility of making a late pledge for AQ:Inferno and all optional extras from the campaign.

However I have asked them regarding customs charges as someone mentioned this to me, and I have been told by CMON that everything is sent out from their hub in the USA, so all normal customs charges etc will apply. This will add nearly £60+ to my order excl. postage costs - so nearly £100 in postage and customs charges all together

Is this really the only way they can do this? It seems ridiculous and totally prohibitive to buying the late pledge in the first place!

Any way around this as I am quite keen on getting a bunch of stuff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds expensive but you may want to scan eBay and such: it could still be less expensive than buying Kickstarter extras from the secondary market. And if it's not, there's your answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Due Olsen
Denmark
Randers SV
Jylland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gutripper

If you have asked for a late pledge just now, then it will be the only way to do it as all the copies from the regular ks and regular late pledges has left CMON EU hub.

This means that all items will be shipped from the US. However it might not be as expensive in customs as CMON states the production value on the customs form and not the actual value.

If you end up just buying the retail edition of the game, then I have all 4 dragons for sale, if they are of interrest to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Morten, that's a good point.

Does anyone have idea of what the production values they put on are roughly, then I might be able to calculate the potential damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technosmoelf wrote:

If you end up just buying the retail edition of the game, then I have all 4 dragons for sale, if they are of interrest to you.

Thanks for the offer - I actually bought a KS copy of the base pledge at a premium already but I am missing some of the optional extras (Pets in particular) that I really wanted.

So I already have the poison dragon but might be keen on the dragon bundle you have if you're not looking for a huge premium for it? PM and we can discuss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
They put the price you paid for the game and whatever add ons you got. My invoice has the base game being around $60 and all the stretch goals added up to another $40 so the $100 total I paid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
They put the price you paid for the game and whatever add ons you got. My invoice has the base game being around $60 and all the stretch goals added up to another $40 so the $100 total I paid.

OK I thought they declared a lower value (ie production cost) rather than the retail value. If that's the case the customs and VAT paid will be against the total paid price and not a lower value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sadly that is what happens with late backers on most campaigns. During the fulfillment for Kickstarters, most companies use distribution centers all over the world to cut down on shipping costs. Once those have been completed though (as is the case here) any remaining sales after that come directly from the companies main warehouse where all the remaining stock of the game is sent to be distributed. CMoN's warehouse is in Georgia, USA. That means that anything being sent out by them at this point will be coming from that warehouse and shipping charges would apply as normal from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm surprised they would even take a late pledge now. The campaign was a year-and-a-half ago and fulfillment is (nearly) finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised too, they must have remaining stock from cancelled or returned orders. Unfortunately after working it out I found it not to be worth it and the late pledge will be unused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.