GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: 2 party 1 campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a short question.
There are 6 starting class,can you divide into 2 party(3 character each) and together playing the same campaign?
I'm planning to back the 2nd printing on ks, probably I'll play with 2 of my friend. I just wonder if another group want to play also and we all can play the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alam1000malam wrote:
This is just a short question.
There are 6 starting class,can you divide into 2 party(3 character each) and together playing the same campaign?
I'm planning to back the 2nd printing on ks, probably I'll play with 2 of my friend. I just wonder if another group want to play also and we all can play the campaign.

Yes, you definitely can.

If you'd like to read more, a quick google search shows lots of discussions on this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gloomhaven+multiple+groups&ie...

There are a few ways to go about doing this, but you can certainly all join in on the same campaign and affect the world for each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can do that. I have a session report series (Tale of Two Parties) following both parties and creating a joint narrative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep!

You can also overlap characters if you don't mind keeping two character sheets for one or two classes.

The only hard part about doing it this way is that you can't keep the items with the characters (Honestly I feel that's the primary benefit to running a single Party... Having to dig through the item deck and pull out items each time takes a while.)

My game plays 2 parties in 1 campaign. I only made an exception so that both parties could do Scenario 1 and 2 in Campaign Mode, which technically only the first party through should be able to. But I felt that those two scenarios are kinda 'tutorial' and that we should also see some progression for both parties while doing it, so...

After Scenario 2 was finished, each party went a different route through the campaign, and only recently have they managed to come back to the same scenarios, and that was only because one character has a personal quest that we've had trouble finding the scenarios for, and the other party unlocked the scenario for it, so... Not counting side scenarios, at this point, we have... six scenarios unlocked for Campaign play. There's like four or five more unlocked Side scenarios. So we aren't really stepping on each others' toes. (One party claimed two scenarios, that they want to do those, and the other party has the Achievement required to get a third, but otherwise it's pretty open.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of loss here, so basically after few times of play there will be open some choices of scenario? Each party can pick up whichever next scenario they want or needed to do?
Wow,great.. Can't wait to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.