New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Buscemi, first appeared on Episode 88
@ericbuscemi
The Carboard Hoard blog
The Cardboard Hoard reviews

1. Introduce yourself. Where are you from? What should listeners know about you?

I'm a financial journalist, originally from Queens, New York, but now living on Long Island, New York. I am married and have two young children I’m training to become board gamers.

2. What games or types of games are you interested in?

I consider myself an omnigamer, and enjoy everything from lighter filler games, to heavy Euros, to dice chucking Ameritrash games. I’ll try pretty much any game (at least) once.

3. Do you have a favorite game or games you enjoy most?

I'm really all over the place, but BGG tells me my highest rated games are Summoner Wars, Raiders of the North Sea, The Networks, Burgle Bros, Jamaica, Brewin' USA, Artifacts Inc., Longhorn, Blood Rage, 7 Wonders: Duel, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Gold West, and Circle the Wagons.

4. What are some of the most memorable experiences have you had with tabletop board games in the past?

I went to GenCon back in 2015, and got to play a prototype of Giga-Robo in the First Exposure Playtest Hall, and then kept in touch with designer Alex Cheng and became a playtester for the game. I watched, and in some small way helped, it evolve, and eventually saw the Kickstarter succeed, unlocking many of its stretch goals along the way.

5. What is the focus of your WDYPTW segment?

I find I’m very concise and to the point in both my reviews and my podcasting, so in my “Spotlight On” segment, I focus on one game I’ve played any given week -- sometimes a newer game, or even a preview copy I’ve gotten, sometimes a hidden gem, and sometimes a classic I’ve recently gotten to the table -- and give a brief synopsis of the game and give my thoughts on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Buscemi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's right, I just posted an interview with myself. Awkward, I know. Anyway, ask me anything, if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ericbinnyc wrote:
Yes, that's right, I just posted an interview with myself. Awkward, I know. Anyway, ask me anything, if you like.
That was my first thought when I saw this pop up in my subscription list... Who is going to post this one? Eric?...yep. Good stuff, man.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't much I can't say about Eric that he hasn't already said himself.

See what I did there.

Eric joined us on Week 88, where he talked a bit about Tavarua and since then, he has just taken everything he can absorb and put it into his recording, especially all the helpful advice from Chris Mosley.

Eric busts his butt behind the scenes, both on his own blog and for the show, plus on a whole lot more which should come to light in the coming months. One of these days, Patrick and Eric are just going to abandon us here and start their own show which may end up taking over the podcasting world.

If you haven't heard it already, be sure to check out the Meet the Gamer episode that Spencer and Eric did together with Patrick.

Thank you Eric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of music do you like, Eric?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Buscemi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All sorts. Some of my favorites are Cake, Modest Mouse, Dropkick Murphys, Mike Doughty, Hot 8 Brass Band, Death Cab for Cutie, Streetlight Manifesto, Counting Crows, Social Distortion, and South. Also the album The Bends from Radiohead -- before that they were too raw, afterward they got too electronic for my tastes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
ericbinnyc wrote:
All sorts. Some of my favorites are Cake, Modest Mouse, Dropkick Murphys, Mike Doughty, Hot 8 Brass Band, Death Cab for Cutie, Streetlight Manifesto, Counting Crows, Social Distortion, and South. Also the album The Bends from Radiohead -- before that they were too raw, afterward they got too electronic for my tastes.

I've heard of Cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get to attend any other conventions, or was GenCon 2015 a one and done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Buscemi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormchaser wrote:
Do you get to attend any other conventions, or was GenCon 2015 a one and done?

GenCon 2015 was my first big convention. Since then, I've been to two smaller conventions -- FeldCon last year, and Granite Game Summit earlier this month. Later this year, I'll be going to my first Origins, and I hope to make it down to Philly this fall for PAX Unplugged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.