GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,087 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The World of Smog: On Her Majesty's Service» Forums » General

Subject: Rotate the Board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is rotating the board just super annoying to do, like it sounds like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah. Not that big a deal at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not physically annoying--just shift your player mats far enough to make it happen. The in-game effects, however, can be SUPER annoying...to your opponents. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Huge plays, I have seen stupendous end game gambits from board rotation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just seems physically bothersome. pieces, tokens, player boards in the way and such. i guess this is a good reason to have a larger table.

but, i'll take your word that its not that bad. the strategery aspects make me interested, but the physical shifting of board made me worried.

also, claudermilk, how do you seem to always comment on games i am interested in? you seem like you are following me (or maybe the other way around?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum_Jack wrote:
just seems physically bothersome. pieces, tokens, player boards in the way and such. i guess this is a good reason to have a larger table.

but, i'll take your word that its not that bad. the strategery aspects make me interested, but the physical shifting of board made me worried.

also, claudermilk, how do you seem to always comment on games i am interested in? you seem like you are following me (or maybe the other way around?).

I could ask you the same thing. laughninja

It really isn't that big a deal to rotate the board. There is a reason it's square. That particular card is only played every so often, and typically only once in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.