GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

King of Tokyo: Power Up!» Forums » General

Subject: Why does it cost £40? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goldfiinger
msg tools
Since buying the second addition KT I've been waiting for the Power Up expansion. And yes now it's out. But to my dismay it's costing £40.00 on Amazon.co.uk.

Really would like to know from the developer why Brits are being charged more than double than Americans.

Seriously £40.00 is more than $50! Yet Amazon.com is selling it for $20!

So much for the developer saying they wanted to keep the cost down by not including KoNY cross over cards in it.

Well it sure does feel like we're being shafted...

As a huge fan of KT I'd really appreciate a response?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny B
United States
California
flag msg tools
It could be a private party selling copies at an inflated price due to scarcity.

A first edition of Power Up is selling for $75.00 on the U.S. Amazon store.(4/21/17)

Has the game been released there? Are there any brick & mortar or other online stores you can check prices with?

A big online U.S. board game store lists the release date as May 2017 for the second edition of Power Up! It's compatible with first and second editions of KoT.

I would wait a month to see if prices fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny B
United States
California
flag msg tools
The $20.00 U.S. Amazon price is for a preorder. Power Up! 2nd edition releases on May 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always try boardgameprices.co.uk:

https://boardgameprices.co.uk/item/show/1399/king-of-tokyo-p...

I checked the first link and it seems that they have the 2nd edition for under £13 (just under £16 with shipping included):

https://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=2&sub=4&tagno=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfiinger
msg tools
The £40 price is from Amazon direct. I.e. Amazon Prime and not a third party.

Thanks for the other links but I don't think any are actually in stock yet apart from the Amazon one. Guess I'll wait a little longer and see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I'm not sure what you're looking at, but the Spirit Games one claims to be in stock...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfiinger
msg tools
Yes it does, although often they claim that and then email to say they don't. I've an account with chasocards and will buy from them once they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny B
United States
California
flag msg tools
Goldfiinger wrote:

Thanks for the other links but I don't think any are actually in stock yet apart from the Amazon one. Guess I'll wait a little longer and see what happens.

King of Tokyo: Power Up! first edition's price is higher because it's discontinued.

The second edition arrives in May. It will have Evolution cards for the original 6 (first edition) monsters, cyber kitty, space penguin and a redesigned Panda Kai stand, scoreboard and his Evolution cards.

I think you were looking at the first edition for £40.00.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny B
United States
California
flag msg tools
Goldfiinger wrote:

The party selling Power Up! is not Amazon, but a company that sells goods through Amazon. They will set prices according to the demand and rarity of the good.

Just because something ships with Amazon Prime/Direct does not mean you bought it from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfiinger
msg tools
Many thanks I assumed prime meant Amazon direct, my bad. Thanks for all the advice guess once May gets here I might finally be able to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.