GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Tiny Epic Galaxies» Forums » Variants

Subject: 6 Player / Team Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I've been thinking about this for a while but have not yet gotten a chance to try it.

4 or 6 player idea:
a) Teams of two - your partner sits opposite.
b) Each player gets their own galaxy (I copied one of the mats in greyscale to make a white galaxy mat.)
c) Individual secret missions should be chosen in consultation with your partner.
d) Players start with only two dice - going up by one as per normal.
e) Following happens in normal order.
f) Partners can follow for free.
g) Game ends as normal & largest combined total wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that sounds pretty good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rainer. [EDIT] I had not seen your "Imperial Alliance" suggestions before. The only significant similarities I see are the seating (which is pretty standard in team games) and viewing each other's Secret Missions (which seems automatic in a game with preset teams). It's interesting how different people's approaches can be to achieving the same end. My main goal, however, was not team play but a six player game with a minimum of rule changes.[/EDIT]

The options I've been debating are:
1) Changing the number of planets available,
2) Allowing the use of a partner's colonies (perhaps at a cost - maybe the use of two colony dice - only one of which may be followed)
3) Some kind of ability to trade ship locations with a partner's ship (perhaps the use of two launch dice - only one of which may be followed).

However, the latter two add complexity and I'm trying to keep this as streamlined as possible. (The only significant play changes so far are the number of dice and the partner following for free.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a chance to try this. Saddly the two starting dice aren't enough and make the first few rounds too luck based. Once things got going it worked ok but a rough start was just too much. Extra rerolls might help but that might be too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.