GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Mitchell Manzella
United States
Hamilton
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has Great Western Trail for $54.49 with Free Shipping

CSI sells this for $59.99

BGG Info

Geeklist: Amazon FREE SHIPPING Hot Deals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too expensive. You just can't get new games for a decent price lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:

Since Great Western Trail came back in stock, I've noticed that all of the big OLGS have priced it right around $59, while MSRP is $70. That's a 15% discount -- roughly half of the discount we normally see at those stores.

Has Stronghold Games recently instituted a MAP policy? I don't recall having read about one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Since Great Western Trail came back in stock, I've noticed that all of the big OLGS have priced it right around $59, while MSRP is $70. That's a 15% discount -- roughly half of the discount we normally see at those stores.

Has Stronghold Games recently instituted a MAP policy? I don't recall having read about one.

It's a hot game and this is the first big reprint, not surprised to see it priced high. Supply and demand. Miniature Market has like 258 copies in stock today, I'm sure the price will drop if they don't sell fast enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
Over-hyped game imo. too long and fiddly, but if you like this type of game go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelmarcos wrote:
nbread wrote:
abonosky wrote:

It's a hot game and this is the first big reprint, not surprised to see it priced high. Supply and demand. Miniature Market has like 258 copies in stock today, I'm sure the price will drop if they don't sell fast enough.

Makes sense, but if there's truly plenty of supply out there now, it seems to me that any OLGS could make a lot of money quickly by dropping their price just a few bucks and capturing a lot of that pent-up demand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
kelmarcos wrote:
nbread wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Makes sense, but if there's truly plenty of supply out there now, it seems to me that any OLGS could make a lot of money quickly by dropping their price just a few bucks and capturing a lot of that pent-up demand...

If they can capture the pent-up demand at $59, why would they want to charge $49?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off late I've seen, if you pre order you get a good deal. But once I'm stock the prices soar up.
I bought Mice n mystics & Robinson from Cardhaus 43&38(pre order), but once in stock both became 60$+, same for Terra forming Mars n GWT.
Just that games sale have increased in last few years, so they are taking advantage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendesque has it for $49.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel_L wrote:

Cool. Never heard of this place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
Joel_L wrote:

Neither have I but they've been mentioned on BGG before (I did a search). $50 free shipping threshold is pretty good. Too bad Great Western Trail is one cent away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
Joel_L wrote:

Anyone order from them ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel_L wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Joel_L wrote:

Neither have I but they've been mentioned on BGG before (I did a search). $50 free shipping threshold is pretty good. Too bad Great Western Trail is one cent away!

Hmmm I just did a full forums search and the only 2 posts I see with "Legendesque" mentioned are yours and the cunning stunt?

Where else did you see them mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ToomanyBarts wrote:
Joel_L wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Joel_L wrote:

Hmmm I just did a full forums search and the only 2 posts I see with "Legendesque" mentioned are yours and the cunning stunt?

You're right, it must have been somewhere else I saw them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ToomanyBarts wrote:
Joel_L wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Joel_L wrote:

They've been mentioned by a number of others:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&ei=JAb7WK_7FMLQmwGeg4...

I happen to think the game is superb. Anyone that enjoys the weight and complexity level of Mombasa, Terra Mystica, and Adventures of Marco Polo will likely feel right at home with GWT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
abonosky wrote:

We have no MAP policy, or any other such pricing policy.
Once we sell to Distribution (and Distro sells to Retailers), the price is 100% set by the FLGS/FOLGS.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelmarcos wrote:
nbread wrote:
abonosky wrote:

How did you find this out? Just curios.

The "standard" price for a a lot of OLGS for new games has risen from $40 to $47 over the last year. In my head, $40 is still about what I will pay for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissellMissile wrote:
kelmarcos wrote:
nbread wrote:
abonosky wrote:

The "standard" price for a a lot of OLGS for new games has risen from $40 to $47 over the last year. In my head, $40 is still about what I will pay for a game.

284 copies in stock at MM as of right now. When you view your cart you can enter any number you want and hit update. When you go over the available stock it tells you so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
ToomanyBarts wrote:
Joel_L wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Joel_L wrote:

They've been mentioned by a number of others:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&ei=JAb7WK_7FMLQmwGeg4...

I happen to think the game is superb. Anyone that enjoys the weight and complexity level of Mombasa, Terra Mystica, and Adventures of Marco Polo will likely feel right at home with GWT.

Hi folks, I own Legendesque. Legendesque is a newer OLGS that opened in 2016. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Elliott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ask about Stronghold pricing, we get Stephen. We wonder about Legendesque and Elliot appears. Cool!

Ever wonder how Scarlett Johansson gets that Ghost in the Shell body suit on? I know I have. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
KissellMissile wrote:
kelmarcos wrote:
nbread wrote:
abonosky wrote:

284 copies in stock at MM as of right now. When you view your cart you can enter any number you want and hit update. When you go over the available stock it tells you so.

It's also listed on the daily update page. I may or may not be stalking it ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scarlett Johansson
United States
California
flag msg tools
cunning stunt wrote:
We ask about Stronghold pricing, we get Stephen. We wonder about Legendesque and Elliot appears. Cool!

Ever wonder how Scarlett Johansson gets that Ghost in the Shell body suit on? I know I have. whistle

Been wondering when someone would ask that Sean!

The answer is talcum powder.

Lots and lots of talcum powder.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlett_Johansson wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:

Hey everyone, FYI: I don't think this is the real Scarlett Johansson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
nbread wrote:
Scarlett_Johansson wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:

Hey everyone, FYI: I don't think this is the real Scarlett Johansson.

What??? Next you'll be telling us you're not the real Zaphod Beeblebrox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
We have no MAP policy, or any other such pricing policy.
Once we sell to Distribution (and Distro sells to Retailers), the price is 100% set by the FLGS/FOLGS.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

Thank you for believing in capitalism.

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.