GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,433 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Casting Spells needs the activation of the character?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Sandoval
El Salvador
flag msg tools

my question is: if I want to cast a spell with the warlock, should I need to activate to play any spells? Or can I cast spells without pay the warlock cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the situation and the type of spell. Here is the long answer from 2.0 rules:

To cast a spell, the Overlord must first activate the unit tile of the unit with the Spellcaster skill who has that spell. Once that unit tile has been activated, the Overlord can cast the spell in addition to moving and attacking with that character.
The (lightning bolt) icon on a spell card indicates that the spell is a reaction spell that can be cast anytime. When casting a reaction spell during the heroes’ turn, it is not necessary to activate the spellcaster’s unit tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
stenfisker wrote:
It depends on the situation and the type of spell. Here is the long answer from 2.0 rules:

To cast a spell, the Overlord must first activate the unit tile of the unit with the Spellcaster skill who has that spell. Once that unit tile has been activated, the Overlord can cast the spell in addition to moving and attacking with that character.
The (lightning bolt) icon on a spell card indicates that the spell is a reaction spell that can be cast anytime. When casting a reaction spell during the heroes’ turn, it is not necessary to activate the spellcaster’s unit tile.

Again, Stenfisker is quick and correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Sandoval
El Salvador
flag msg tools
Thanks for the accurate answer!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.