GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does monster pick up loot at the end of their turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenny Wong
msg tools
Does monster has end of turn looting like players?
One of our friends that taught us the game said monster pick up loot where they land at the end of their turn, but we couldn't find anything related to it in the rule book. Just confirming whether this rule exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, only players loot. And monsters dying in a space with a loot token will add another loot token to that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
England
Southampton UK as well
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And summons don't loot either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steele22374 wrote:
No, only players loot.

That's incorrect.

Monsters do not do "end of turn looting", but they can loot. Their AI card would have to say "loot x" action, and it only loots coins, not treasure overlay tiles. I won't spoil which creature types loot, but there are a couple. It also doesn't change focus rules, so they won't move directly towards coins per se, but they will pick up nearby coins if their AI card says so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuzzydeath wrote:
steele22374 wrote:
No, only players loot.

That's incorrect.

Monsters do not do "end of turn looting", but they can loot. Their AI card would have to say "loot x" action, and it only loots coins, not treasure overlay tiles. I won't spoil which creature types loot, but there are a couple. It also doesn't change focus rules, so they won't move directly towards coins per se, but they will pick up nearby coins if their AI card says so.

Do they drop all the loot they collected when they die or do they "eat" the loot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:
Fuzzydeath wrote:
steele22374 wrote:
No, only players loot.

That's incorrect.

Do they drop all the loot they collected when they die or do they "eat" the loot?

Eat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why they cannot loot treasure tiles, only coins. It would suck to lose a nice item permanently due to monster getting a random card draw to loot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Wong
msg tools
I see, thanks for all the information, really helped a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.