GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,458 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Moons» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are players dealt two new Mini-Asteroid cards at the start of each round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Trying to make sense of yet another poorly written rule book. (I see the plethora of new rules regarding mini-Asteroid cards in the other rule thread on scoring though I can't find any of that discussion in the actual rule book.)

Q: Are players dealt two new Mini-Asteroid cards at the start of each round?

Per the rules on p. 4: "Pass the Earth's Moon token to the new player on the left. This player will deal out all the cards for the new round and lead the first trick."

There is no modifier in front of "cards", and the word "all" is used, with both Moons and mini-Asteroids being cards. And from p. 1 of the rules, in the Set-Up, both the mini-Asteroid and Moon cards are each shuffled and then each is dealt. Two mini-Asteroid cards are dealt to each player at the start of the game. Thus it appear possible that 2 more are dealt at the start of each round.

I hope more mini-Asteroid cards are dealt each round, because if not, in the 2-player games I will be playing a lot with my GF, it will mean that each player will only get 2 to start and then 8 more will come out in the 2 rounds of play (per the 4 Asteroid cards dealt each round). For a grand total of only 12. Yet, there are 38 mini-Asteroid cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you don't. The one time I played was with six players and we didn't get through all the asteroid cards by the end of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
I'm pretty sure you don't. The one time I played was with six players and we didn't get through all the asteroid cards by the end of game.

You only deal 2 mini-asteroid cards to each player at the start of the game. And you only acquire more by playing full-sized asteroid cards into a trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.