GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,707 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Chariots of Rome Retailer KickStarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Aves atque salvete mei amici,

Victory Point Games is currently running a KickStarter (KS) for Chariots of Rome.

Victory Point Games describe Chariots of Rome as:

Quote:
Chariots of Rome is a competitive, chariot-racing board game for 2 to 8 cunning drivers set in ancient Rome's grand stadium, the Circus Maximus. Each player controls a unique charioteer competing on the giant track for two or more laps. You can also play with up to four teams of two chariots, each representing a different Roman faction.

But there is more to winning the laurel wreath of victory than just handling dangerous corners! Charioteers can whip and ram their opponents to hinder them during the race (to the crowd’s delight). The gods are watching, too, along with the tens of thousands in the crowd, and they may be inclined to influence the race in their favor!

There are several pledge levels, but the most advantageous one by a fair margin is the retailer pledge.

Fortunately, the good folk at Boardom Games have agreed to make a pledge if enough local interest can be found. The retailer pledge level is for a dozen copies, with shipping to be charged later. Based on past experience, Boardom estimate that this will result in each copy of the game coming to a total cost of around USD$33 ish. XE informs me that this is around AUD$43 but this could change depending on exchange rates and suchlike. I would suggest it is extremely unlikely to exceed AUD$50.

Boardom estimate they can take two or three games for their inventory and will make a retailer pledge if another eight or nine people are keen. For logistical reasons this is open only to ACT-based folk only.

So, if you'd like to be a part of the pledge for this fun looking chariot racing game please let me know.

Pledges:

1. muzfish4
2. Nick
3. Lebut
4. Benjamin

As usual, payment will be required when the pledge is collected and delivery will be arranged once they arrive (due November 2017 but this is KS so do keep that in mind when planning Xmas presents).

This pledge will go ahead if we get enough interest (and will close a few days prior to the end of the campaign on 17 May 2017 if we don't to give keen backers the chance to pack it themselves) and if the project funds (it's currently a touch over $7 000 of a $18 000 goal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for me but best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully we'll get there.

Due to a pretty full game shelf I have held off from a lot of KS projects this year that I may have backed in the past.

This one seems to offer a lot as an interactive race game with plenty of push-your-luck and a fun theme. Also, Victory Point Games are an established company so I'm sure the game will be produced and be of high quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if I didn't already have a copy of the 1979 classic, Circus Maximus, I'd be all over this. Anyone buying this story? nope? ok sign me up Muz :-) Can you really have too many Chariot Racing games? really?

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebut wrote:
if I didn't already have a copy of the 1979 classic, Circus Maximus, I'd be all over this. Anyone buying this story? nope? ok sign me up Muz :-) Can you really have too many Chariot Racing games? really?

Dave

Good to hear, Dave. We're almost halfway there now!

I understand that Chariots of Rome is a pretty different sort of game to Circus Maximus so, yes, one really can't have too many chariot racing games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If it wasn't up to 2 hours of game time i'd be in..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playtime is given as 20 minutes per player, though I'd imagine this is cut down significantly as one becomes familiar with the game system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three days to go and only at 63 per cent funding.

Looks like this one probably won't get up.

Still, backers are bandying about ideas are being bandied about to relaunch in a few months with plastic chariot miniatures though VPG have not in any way committed to relaunch.

Shame this didn't fund as it looks to be a pretty good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Point Games have published Chariots of Rome without using KickStarter.

Doesn’t look like plastic chariots are included but giving your opponents a taste of the lash as you speed past them is still very much a thing.

Chariots of Rome is available through Boardom Games who just happen to be having a 10 per cent off sale on all their stock until midnight tonight.

Great prices just got even better. Hello Star Wars: Legion….

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.