GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Dust 1947» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Mercenary Heroes Lead Non-Mercenary Units? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Can mercenary heroes lead non-Mercenary units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only restriction I can find in the Rulebook is that the Hero and Unit have the same Armor Class.

So, a Merc Hero should be able join a non-Merc Unit, and a non-Merc Hero should be able to join a Merc Unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks. I wasn't able to find anything else in the rule book, and I never know what's going-on on the Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any Mercenary Heroes? (Not a joke, although it does sound odd.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanya, Nurse Emma and Luisa (according to the preview cards). I think Yana can roll with the sisters too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I was asking specifically because I was curious about Tanya and the upcoming Nurse Emma.

I wonder if Nurse Emma joining a command squad with a medic would stack? Would Get Up, It Ain't That Bad bring be performed twice with each action? I'm kinda excited about that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

I wonder if Nurse Emma joining a command squad with a medic would stack? Would Get Up, It Ain't That Bad bring be performed twice with each action? I'm kinda excited about that!

:)

You can't perform the same action type twice in an activation so she would be better of in a different squad to a command squad (unless you wanted to make sure that the command squad could keep healing for a long time).

See below, I guess you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EyeLost wrote:
You can't perform the same action type twice in an activation so she would be better of in a different squad to a command squad (unless you wanted to make sure that the command squad could keep healing for a long time).
You can definitely perform the same Action twice in one Activation. The only "restriction" is that Move + Move = March Move and that Attack + Attack = Sustained Attack.

Other than those two you can do whatever you want, but Skills like Get Moving You Bunch of Monkeys might end the current Activation before the 2nd or 3rd Action. So, you can do 2x Medic or 2x Repair or 2x Whatever.

But Marwan has a good point: what happens if a Unit contains two Medics when they perform a Medic Action? Is there any benefit at all?

This also comes up in the Allies with the Ranger Bravo Command Squad. Those can be played as separate Heroes that can join other units, so you could have two Mechanics or Medics in the same Unit.

For a long time there's been Hero Officers that can join units, and it's been clarified that there's no special benefit to that. The Unit as a whole still only has its regular Actions and skills don't "stack" in any way. That's why they gave the General skill to Rommel and Iron Joe. With the General skill it's not a complete waste to put those Heroes in a command squad.

My conclusion can only be that there's almost no point in putting a Hero Medic or Mechanic or Officer in a Command squad, except to give the unit some more wounds, since they will not be able to use their skills effectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MagWiz wrote:
EyeLost wrote:
You can definitely perform the same Action twice in one Activation. The only "restriction" is that Move + Move = March Move and that Attack + Attack = Sustained Attack.

Maybe I'm remembering a Dust Warfare ruling then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It would be nice if the Combat Medic action can be defined as the General action so that it allows for an additional die to be rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can you get Nurse Emma?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
Where can you get Nurse Emma?
At the moment she is only available in the official Prize Support Kit from Dust Studio (so you can only win her in an event).

Dust Studio have mentioned that they will release her as a normal product, but I have not seen any specific date yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.