GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,267 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Seasons» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activating a card, resolution order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Lachapelle
Canada
flag msg tools
When you activate a power card in front of you, in what order does it happen? Let's say I activate Balance of Ishtar for 9 crystal, but my opponent has Thieving fairies.. Does my opponent try to steal a crystal from me before I receive my 9 crystals? Or is it the other way around, where I receive my 9 crystals and only then my opponent steals one from me?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingmar Hauge
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
It's cold outside. There's no kind of atmosphere. I'm all alone. More or less. Let me fly. Far away from here. Fun fun fun. In the sun sun sun...
badge
Darn, I'm Dwayne Dibbley again....
mbmbmbmbmb
Pook1212123 wrote:
When you activate a power card in front of you, in what order does it happen? Let's say I activate Balance of Ishtar for 9 crystal, but my opponent has Thieving fairies.. Does my opponent try to steal a crystal from me before I receive my 9 crystals? Or is it the other way around, where I receive my 9 crystals and only then my opponent steals one from me?

Thank you

Thieving Fairies steals a point from you when activating a power card but before resolution. So if you're at 0 crystals your opponent will only receive 1 point from his fairies before you get your 9. So, in a case where you have Crystal Orb it is often better to stay at zero.

Note, however, that in the case of Tree of Light activation you'll have to pay your opponent before paying three crystals for an energy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lachapelle
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for the prompt reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.