GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Tomb» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cryptmaster card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is obvious or if it has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer.

When you play a Cryptmaster card, do you discard it right after playing it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. By the way I love to see people playing and commenting on this game. I am still hoping for a full rules rewrite on this one and maybe a reprint...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
Yes. By the way I love to see people playing and commenting on this game. I am still hoping for a full rules rewrite on this one and maybe a reprint...

I doubt this is going to happen. I contacted the company to post the rules here on BGG. They had lost or destroyed all their files for the game. Luckily I had the digital copy and had gotten permission to post them on BGG. This isn't even mentioning the 3rd game they had in beta test and then dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming, afrag.

I, too, would like to see this game reprinted with a revised and updated set of rules, though along with DomaGB, I doubt it will happen, at least not by AEG. Perhaps another company will pick this up and re-release it.

There actually is a set of cleaned-up rules here in the files section, and the FAQ goes a long way to clarify the gameplay. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit as it is, but it would be great to see it resurrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have seen them. I have the ruleset down well enough. The biggest issue I had with the game is the insane number of react abilities... Those would just bring the game to a grinding halt at times...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I no longer play with Cryptmaster Cards it slows the game down. I only play with the CM abilities on characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.