GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,246 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

In Magnificent Style» Forums » News

Subject: New edition of IMS in the works! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich has informed me that they will be printing a new edition of In Magnificent Style! So this is an opportunity to fix things that are bugging you, tweak some rules/mechanics and add features/rules/markers/units that you think are required.

So please post any requests on this thread and let us know what you'd like to see in this new edition.

Thanks and good gaming!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Very interesting - I got my copy of the game today (still shrinkwrapped). Do you have any idea when the new edition may get released (or what the release cycle at VG generally is)?

It sounds like this will not only a straight reprint and my guess is it'll take a while to improve and then to produce it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chuck!
My understanding is that VPG is re-printing some of their older games with a new printer and IMS made the cut. And while the new files are set up for this new print job, whatever improvements, changes, tweaks, etc. that can be made to the rules and components will be made so as to have it all in there. So the game will not essentially change - but whatever rules clarifications and so on that you see on the forums here will be included and Alan may improve some of the physical components. I don't know all the details yet.

Enjoy the game!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Herm,

Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it!

So, what would be your advice (since I have not even removed the shrink wrap or played the game): wait for a reprint or play the current version? Are the rules in good shape already or would you expect (a substantial) improvement from the new version?

I heard really good things about the game but, of course, I also have no shortage of other games to play

Tnanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chuck - oh I would go with the one you have, definitely. There's no saying how long the next edition would take and there will not be any changes in the way the game plays at all. You can find the answers to any questions here on the forums.

Thanks and enjoy!

Herm

P.S. - If it makes you feel any better, I have a hundred games that I haven't played yet either. It is frustrating, especially with so much time dedicated to designing and playtesting, but I'm determined to keep buying based on the theory that I will be retired at some point and able to get to them all eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Herm,

Only after reading your last posting (with the mentioning of "designing and playtesting) I realized that you are indeed the designer of this game - silly me!

So, shrinkwrap was removed and I'm now marveling at the components - looks really nice! I'll try to play it as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your feedback and now please go back to designing and playtesting more games for us!

P.S. I got the recommendation for your game from Bruce Geryk's "Top 10 list of solitaire games" http://www.wargamespace.com/2016/04/26/wild-weasel-4/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chuck,

You will have an enjoyable time. This game is very different from the States of Siege games, which are also enjoyable.

If you have not read anything on the charge, here is an inexpensive good read (used copies starting at less than $2):

https://www.amazon.com/Picketts-Charge-George-Stewart/dp/039...

I think I will break this out next week and get a few plays in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome - I'm listening to it now.
Thanks and enjoy!

And thank you Eric for the kind words.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when this might be happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.