GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Element consumption question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenny Wong
msg tools
The rule stated a player cannot consume the element they generate themselves on the same turn, does this apply to items?
ie. If a player use Mana Potion and created Fire element, can he use that element right after he created that element?

I assumed you can't but just wanted to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
It makes no difference in what way the element is created. It always happens at the end of your turn and because of that you can't use it in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
danom wrote:
It makes no difference in what way the element is created. It always happens at the end of your turn and because of that you can't use it in the same turn.

What about when a rolling modifier is drawn from the attack deck that increases an element?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wallace
United States
Berkeley
CA
flag msg tools
mb

Same, it happens at the end of the turn.

I think the intention is to encourage players to either plan ahead or interact with each other and the environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Wong
msg tools
Seething Song wrote:

Same, it happens at the end of the turn.

I think the intention is to encourage players to either plan ahead or interact with each other and the environment.

I see. I agree that it encourage interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group has the characters that don't need elements carry the mana potions so we can create them before the characters that do need them.

But otherwise - yeah, there is no way to create and use an element on the same character's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.