GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Punisher Noir and Deadpool Pulp Customs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expanding on the Noir set with these heroes. I know not everybody was excited about Noir, but I thought that the investigate ability is one of the most useful keywords so far. I've tried to highlight those in these heroes.

Deadpool Pulp

Punisher Noir

They're pretty straight forward. Deadpool generates and KO's wounds. He also investigates for odd cost cards to echo his core set card. I hope the rare makes sense. It's basically to let you choose which tactic you fight.

Punisher is searching for more attack cards. His uncommon is meant to be like "Hail of Bullets" with the added benefit of stuffing cards you don't want to see on the bottom of the villain deck.

I just realized I have Marauder spelled wrong, and will update it soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Investigate also.)

Good job on these customs, and they are mighty pretty, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
(Investigate also.)

Good job on these customs, and they are mighty pretty, too.

The covert art for the Noir series was pretty great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanner
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the "searching for 'she'" uncommon really cost 10? More than the rare? I definitely wouldn't buy this card from the HQ for this cost. Though putting master strikes and scheme twists on the bottom of the deck is really good. But 10 still seems high.

Otherwise, these cards look great! Definitely something I would print and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D C
Canada
flag msg tools
Punisher's "Searching For She" is missing it's cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloodwurm wrote:
Punisher's "Searching For She" is missing it's cost.

Bah! Sure is, should be 5. I'll be updating these cards tonight. Please let me know anything else you guys catch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering how long it would be before somebody did a Punisher Noir custom, I was looking forward to it, but a question about Deadpool Pulp's rare, it has no class icon, was that intentional? If not, what class was it intended to be?

I like Punisher Noir and Deadpool Pulp seems pretty cool Noir is definitely one of my favorite small box expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YBDynamo wrote:
I was wondering how long it would be before somebody did a Punisher Noir custom, I was looking forward to it, but a question about Deadpool Pulp's rare, it has no class icon, was that intentional? If not, what class was it intended to be?

I like Punisher Noir and Deadpool Pulp seems pretty cool Noir is definitely one of my favorite small box expansions.

Thanks for pointing that out. Totally not intentional. I was going to make him Instinct. No matter how much I look at cards after making them, I always seem to miss some stuff. There were some other things I needed to fix on these cards as well. I hope to update them today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, several updates made. Hopefully they don't contain any more errors. Let me know if you see anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just printed these off and am looking forward to trying them out.

I really like the Noir set and I'm hopeful that these will make the set feel more complete.

Any other Noir designs on the hozizon? I'm not actually very familiar with the comics, but I'd love to see some Henchmen or more Avengers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhythmic wrote:
I just printed these off and am looking forward to trying them out.

I really like the Noir set and I'm hopeful that these will make the set feel more complete.

Any other Noir designs on the hozizon? I'm not actually very familiar with the comics, but I'd love to see some Henchmen or more Avengers.

Hmmmm, wasn't planning on it myself. I'm working on a Justice League set right now and am using Investigate for Batman though.

I decided to do these because I really liked the Investigate keyword, and the art from the covers of the comics.

Let me know any feedback on the cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how both of these work - and add to the Noir universe! I have added them to my collection. Thanks a bunch!

Rhythmic's In-Use Custom Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.