GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Pandemic: Iberia» Forums » General

Subject: Should I get Iberia next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Onuralp Çakır
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I love Pandemic. I loved Iberia, the new elements, the theme, the art and all and I definitely want to buy sooner or later (I know it's a limited print.) I'm going to buy 2-3 games spending $50-75 in this Tabletop Day week, hopefully on a good Amazon sale. But I don't have too much games.
Here you can see my collection. https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Aenovejo?own=1&sub...

I love Pandemic, I like to play it, and even though it's my first modern board game, I still play it. Should I buy Iberia or a different game to expand my collection in a different area?

Some of my options are; Amerigo, Castles of Burgundy, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Isle of Sky.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb

I bought it (haven't played it yet) because I really like the Pandemic mechanic and Iberia is well regarded for it's new changes and supposedly limited run. But I really wanted to give a thumbs up for Castles of Burgundy to be added (esp over Amerigo)- it's a really good Feld game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al excellent choices, so picking up 3 games. I would recommend The Castles of Burgundy, Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King and Pandemic: Iberia
But your other picks are great as well.

As you are clearly a big fan of Pandemic I would recommend getting Iberia, it's a great pandemic variant and it will not be available forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
Al excellent choices, so picking up 3 games. I would recommend The Castles of Burgundy, Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King and Pandemic: Iberia
But your other picks are great as well.

As you are clearly a big fan of Pandemic I would recommend getting Iberia, it's a great pandemic variant and it will not be available forever.

I would agree with this list.

In all honesty, I haven't (yet) played Isle of Skye, but Castles of Mad King Ludwig is also an excellent choice. So the 3 mentioned above or CoMKL instead of Isle of Skye would also be a great list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Onuralp Çakır
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks!

I just got Castles of Burgundy in Tabletop Sale. The others didn't go to sale, so I'll hope for them to drop their prices and get what I can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Martin
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pandemic is my favourite board game, and I have both pandemic and pandemic iberia (and pandemic the cure etc). I really like pandemic iberia but if you have a limited budget and collection then I would tend to recommend another game rather than pandemic iberia. Don't get me wrong it is a great game and I am sure you will enjoy it if you purchase it ... but maybe variety is good in a 20-ish board game collection!

Happy purchasing (with whatever you decide in the end).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.