GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dwar7s Fall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Play: Epic Barbecue Question & Others rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my 2nd edition KS from my mule the other day and just looking to play a solo game today.

I noticed in the solo rule it mentions under the Epic Barbecue that, defeating 3 monsters is considered a finish goal; if one was to try for "The One True King" or "The Barbarian", do you ignore that rule, or do you have to strategise killing at least 4 in your final action?

Do more trading goals come out after you complete/take one?

Is there anything that needs to be changed or added when playing solo with the big/small expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JonaBullets wrote:
Received my 2nd edition KS from my mule the other day and just looking to play a solo game today.

I noticed in the solo rule it mentions under the Epic Barbecue that, defeating 3 monsters is considered a finish goal; if one was to try for "The One True King" or "The Barbarian", do you ignore that rule, or do you have to strategise killing at least 4 in your final action?

Hi, Joel!
If you are playing solo, the game will end only when the last kingdom card is removed from the board. — So please ignore the example =)

JonaBullets wrote:
Do more trading goals come out after you complete/take one?

A. Yes! =)

JonaBullets wrote:
Is there anything that needs to be changed or added when playing solo with the big/small expansions?

Once you get to know how to play the solo game, you can try to beat it as another race =D

Solo variation Rules:
Playing solo as Dwarf / Elf / Ogre / Crystal Dwarf
(in that case, make sure all kingdom cards are face up because monsters WILL affect your ability from gathering gems).

When playing it with regular races: remove kingdom related secret goals: architect, king, townsman, huntsman. At the beginning of the solo game — once you already have placed all kingdom cards on the play mat, draw 2 secret goals and then choose 1. Play the game as usual.

You may also mix some decrees in order to spice it up, these ones are recommended for solo:
Bar Fights, Experienced Beast Hunters, Hired Hands.

------

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hight
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
I had another question about solo rules in that section. In playing as a half blood, sub section "Gather Gems" it says that, "You just need to place the exact amount of meeples described on the mine card in order to fulfill the task."

Does this mean that it can be any meeples including enemy meeples? For instance, if I am going for a ruby and there is a yellow meeple on the card already, do I have to remove the yellow meeple and place my three red meeples or can I place two of my red meeples and still collect the ruby?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
to fulfil a task, all meeples must be yours. So if a tile requires 3 dwarfs you must place the 3 dwarfs required.

This rule applies both for solo play or if you are playing with your friends. =)

So in this case, you should remove the ones there, and then place yours =).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.