GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,198 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Nations at War: White Star Rising» Forums » Rules

Subject: Got it down but just two more questions please. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.
Two quickies here.

First if you op fire rules state target must be in range.
Does that include double range if the unit is capable of it?.

Second

If an hex with a HQtakes more than one hit in a single turn from one attack do I roll for the possible HQ elimination more than once?.
For example once for the disruption then again for reduction etc.

I also noticed on scenario 2 that a German hq in one unit has no matching unit types in its group so I presume if they are in a stack that is destroyed outright they are gone for good?.

Help would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Op Fire may be conducted at extended range.

Matching HQs. Yes you are correct there are no matching type in the scenario and correct on the rule that when you need to replace the HQ after it takes damage in combat.

thanks
Sean Druelinger
LNL Publishing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HQs roll for loss each time it is attacked.

thanks
Sean Druelinger
LNL Publishing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry maybe I'm misunderstanding your wording but my understanding is that you cannot directly attack any hq.
What I'm asking is that if for instance a hq is stacked with a unit and the hex is targeted for attack and the opponent inflicts 2 hits on the hex one disrupting the unit and the second reducing it does the defender roll first for the disruption and then again for the reduction or as both hits were inflicted in one attack does the hq only roll once?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iirc, roll once for each attack that hits.

Two attacks that hit, two rolls.

One attack, two hits (disrupted and reduced), one roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies on the wording HQs cannot be attacked directly. Nor can hexes (with an exception). Only units are attacked.

(Example) A tiger fires at a hex containing 2 Shermans. It scores 3 hits. Only one of the Shermans would suffer the damage as only one can be targeted.

Hexes are attacked only during barrages or Airstrikes.In this case hits must be distributed evenly.

If a HQ stacked with a unit is attacked in two separate attacks It would need to roll for survival each instance. The rolls for the HQs are initiated for the overall attack and not for each hit.

So say a HQ is stacked with a Sherman and an Attached AT Gun. A Tiger fires at the Sherman causing damage to it. The HQ rolls for reduction.Now a unit fires at the AT Gun and causes damage. The HQ would roll for reduction again.

Thank you
Sean Drueligner
LNL Publishing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys I think I have it.
So if a single unit attacks scoring 3 hits you only roll for the hit once of course adding the bonus to the hq survival roll if the hit inflicts a loss (+2). I presume a loss means a unit destroyed for the bonus to be applied to the hq roll? Not just a flip.

And if a unit attacks and then another unit attacks the same hex you roll for any aplicable hq fail again?.

I'm loving this game its just right amount of detail vs realism for me.

Had some very tense stand offs already and much bloody hand to hand combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.