GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of Combat, Stuck Troops or Remaining Enemy Ground Forces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Axel Norwood
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
I have a question concerning the end of combat. I have had several instances where their were tie fighters remaing in a system but all the rebel forces had been destroyed in space but rebels still controlled the ground with no opposing imperial forces. For example, what would happen if the death star just carried 8 tie fighters into a system that was held by rebels on the ground and in space. Then the rebels blew up a death star with a sole x-wing, but was then destroyed, while the surviving on the ground. Would the tie fighters have to leave after combat or would they have to explode, as they have no warp drives?

Also, can the rebels be in a system with the imperials at the end of a combat? For example, let's say I entered into a system that had one ground force, but I had a huge space force. Would I have to retreat by default as the rebels or could we remain one turn there togther? If you can remain, does this affect the imperial player's abilitiy to reinforce the space area in that system?

Very confused with this portion of combat and movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opposing units can coexist in the same system in different theatres.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As ships, TIE Fighters can survive just fine in space without transport, even in a destroyed system.

It is perfectly fine for one side to have units in space while the other side has units on the ground. They coexist peacefully until there are units of both sides in at least one of the theaters.

The building and deployment rules are clear that you can neither build nor deploy while any opposing units are in the system, so there won't be any reinforcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel Norwood
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Thanks! I appreciate the quick feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AxeManJapan wrote:
I have a question concerning the end of combat. I have had several instances where their were tie fighters remaing in a system but all the rebel forces had been destroyed in space but rebels still controlled the ground with no opposing imperial forces. For example, what would happen if the death star just carried 8 tie fighters into a system that was held by rebels on the ground and in space. Then the rebels blew up a death star with a sole x-wing, but was then destroyed, while the surviving on the ground. Would the tie fighters have to leave after combat or would they have to explode, as they have no warp drives?

Also, can the rebels be in a system with the imperials at the end of a combat? For example, let's say I entered into a system that had one ground force, but I had a huge space force. Would I have to retreat by default as the rebels or could we remain one turn there togther? If you can remain, does this affect the imperial player's abilitiy to reinforce the space area in that system?

Very confused with this portion of combat and movement.

1) opposing forces in different theaters (space vs ground) can coexist as they cannot engage one another. Neither is forced to retreat or die.
2) Tie fighters can exist even without transport capacity. However, they need transport capacity to actually move to another system.
3) opposing units of any sort (space or ground) will prevent you from deploying new units in the system. To deploy units, the system must be free of any opposing units. Note that Leaders arent units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.