GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,867 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Last Success: Napoleon's March to Vienna, 1809» Forums » Rules

Subject: French Alt Reinforcements at Eckmuhl rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What happens to Massena's IV Corps if I play the Alt Reinforcement card to bring them on early on the 8pm 21 April turn as part of the ATB Eckmuhl scenario?

It appears from the Set-up Display that the whole Corps barring the Cavalry element come on. The question I have is when do they come on?

From my reading of the text, Marulaz enters on turn of card play (with any die-roll delay adding to that) instead of the originally scheduled 1pm on the 22nd.

Then Fririon 2pm group come on during the next turn after the card play. The instructions for the VI Corps reinforcements then say etc. So does the Massena, Cosson group come on the next turn (ie, 2 turns after Marulaz)? And then the Ledru group 3 turns after Marulaz? And when do the rest of IV Corps come on, who are not listed or due to arrive via the turn track?

Does Marulaz come on the turn of the card play, and then all of the rest of IV Corps as a oner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Is Massena's IV Corps listed as an Alt-reinforcement for that ATB scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can see from the Set-up Display, the 2014 updated one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I’m not sure if this is going to help, but the cards over-rule all scheduled reinforcements and therefore any instructions related to them within the Study Folder; So I would bring them on (place them on the turn-record track), based on the rolled delay, and ignore any other instructions in the Study folder/set-up display, unless it specially mentions the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in the end I brought on the rest of the Corps after the initial LC (Marulaz) had come on for the first turn of the Alt Reinforcements. It ends up meaning that only part of the Corps can come on each turn in any case if you want them to come in in Road March so that you can keep them in command and moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.