GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I bought the game and Tuscany and it should arrive later, so I was thinking should I first play viticulture or add Tuscany from the very beginning ?

Also do the moor visitors cards are compatible with solo ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
viticulture EE without tuscany works fine for solo, i would do at least one game before adding the expansion

tuscany adds a new game board, if you already know how the game works it will be really easy to add, if you don't i think it may be overwhelming.

moor visitors should work for solo, i don't know if all the cards are compatible tho (i don't remove the non compatible cards when playing solo, just discard them if i get one. but i don't have moor visitors yet, so i don't specifically know those cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitTch wrote:
moor visitors should work for solo, i don't know if all the cards are compatible tho (i don't remove the non compatible cards when playing solo, just discard them if i get one. but i don't have moor visitors yet, so i don't specifically know those cards)

There are a handful of cards that don't work solo, but you don't need to hunt them down and remove them. Simply draw another card when they come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For first timers, I always introduce the game without any of the Tuscany components and add Tuscany features progressively in subsequent games. However, I leave in Moor Visitors mostly because I am too lazy to separate them out, but also because they add little to no additional complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest I think you will get more out of it playing viticulture for a while first. I got 30 or so plays out of the base game.

There is a solo campaign mode which isn't compatable with Tuscany so I'd definitely play through that.

They are pretty different and I don't think you'd want to go back to the base game after adding in Tuscany - so I'd get as much from it as you can before moving on.

The campaign is great fun by the way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.