GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,778 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Tink Bot attachments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diego Gonzalez
msg tools
Hi there,

So I've read Tink's Reference sheet and even watched the CTG video on him and have a quick question.

When a bot uses/rolls an attachment, the Reference Sheet says that the attachment goes back to the Prep Area (which is Tink's mat) and says it is "available next time you use your bot".

In the video though, he places the attachment on the Bot itself and I'm not quite clear on what he does after he uses the attachment.

So I guess my question boils down to: What happens after a Bot uses an attachment? Can they continuously use it while they are active?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the attachment(s) that you build your bot with stay with your bot until the bot is defeated/end of battle, and will not exhaust after you use them. They are exhausted when the bot is removed off the battle mat - if you build a second bot, it does not get access to those attachments that were on the first bot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Lemmons
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
To add to what Jeb said, you build the bot in your prep area with whatever attachments. You field the bot. Let's say you use the range attachment. It stays on the chip with the bot die. When it is Tink's turn, you use the range attachment to hit something. It goes back into your prep area (not exhausted or put back into skill tree.) On your next turn, down tick the battery and put the attachment back on. The reason you take it off is basically to remind yourself that you have used that attachment for the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you don't roll the attachment die each round the bot uses it? If not, do you roll the die as you attach the attachment in the prep area? And that facing is the one used throughout that bot's life?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timbur wrote:
So you don't roll the attachment die each round the bot uses it? If not, do you roll the die as you attach the attachment in the prep area? And that facing is the one used throughout that bot's life?

You roll whatever attachment dice you are planning to use on your turn. If you have a bot with 3 attachments equipped and 3 DEX you can roll all 3 of them, or 1 of them, or 2 or none. Remember that you must first lower the battery power before rolling them though, so if your bot is currently at 0 battery power at the start of your turn, you must first give the bot some battery power (like through Tink's backup plan) to be able to roll the attachments.

You do not roll the attachments until you want to use the bot. Prior to deploying the bot to the battle mat, Tink uses his prep area to build the bot, placing the bot die and any attachments he wants to based on the roll of the build die into the prep area, then on his turn deploys the bot to the battle mat spending a DEX and exhausting his build die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelika Fröhlich
Austria
Tulln an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also a question to the bot attachments:

On the reference sheet is written, that "You may roll and slot (in #6) your Build Die (1.0 or 2.0) before battle. Set its orientation.... in battle, you may roll or re-roll a Build Die (1 Dex cost) to allow for new attachment options"...

SOOO, if I choose a bot and put it in the prep area and I have choosen attachment(s) because of the build die's orientation, am I allowed to roll the build die again to get another, unreachable (because of the orientation) attachment for that bot (after I already placed other attachment(s) to the prep area)? Or do I have to put the build die on the prep area after I have choosen an/the available (first) attachments?

Adam did this in his video but it's not written in this way on the ref sheet of Tink?!?

I hope the explanation of my problems are not to confusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.