GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rosh's Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I may need some help clearing up how this ability works exactly.

The hero card reads:

Quote:
May Resurrect fully unexhausted at the beginning of your turn, with no need to Rest.

Now this could be interpreted multiple ways. Either

A) At the beginning of his turn he can freely remove all of his activation tokens from his equipment and continue his round like normal.

This is what we all thought it meant at first glance but that makes him REALLY overpowered, more so it seems than any other character in the game.

B) He can freely unexhaust all his equipment as above but first must go through the motions of a respawn as if he had died and rested his guild, meaning he still has to spawn in a starting area or close to another allied hero (+ gain a death cure?)

or...

C) He can respawn with all his equipment unexhausted if and only if he was already dead at the start of the round, so the power essentially just saves him needing to rest the guild every time to respawn.

This seems like the most reasonable interpretation but at the same time seems to differ the most from the original wording, as it never specifically states Rosh needs to be dead first.

Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
robo37 wrote:
C) He can respawn with all his equipment unexhausted if and only if he was already dead at the start of the round, so the power essentially just saves him needing to rest the guild every time to respawn.

This seems like the most reasonable interpretation but at the same time seems to differ the most from the original wording, as it never specifies states Rosh needs to be dead first.

Suggestions?

"C" is correct. The fact that it says "resurrect" on his hero card implies he has to be dead to use his ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Greene
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd strongly lean towards option C, and don't think it differs from the original wording.

The wording says

Quote:
May Resurrect fully unexhausted...

Resurrect, defined on page 19 of the rules, is when a killed Hero removes all wounds and is placed back on the board. In addition to this, you get to be fully unexhausted (which, by the rules, happens earlier in the Resting process). Because this is an action you can only take on a killed hero, I think that the original wording does state that Rosh needs to be dead first, as you can't resurrect a living hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys! I was leaning towards C myself but was looking for some confirmation.

I also have an unrelated question specific to the pets expansion...

When a brimstone card lets you activate a minion, can you choose to activate a wild pet? And if so what if it dies from say Spike's special ability for instance, is it removed from the game or does it join Spike's team instead?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resurrection means nothing if you don't die first.

Also, yes (I think). The wild pet is a monster, and so you would be able to activate it based on that, however, you should verify with the wild pet card to make sure that they are not oddly classified as Villains. Otherwise, yes, you can activate one and if it is killed by Spike's defense, Spike's guild would have the option of adopting the pet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.