Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is the Mac / OS X version so resource intensive? My whole laptop crawls to a stop when Twilight Struggle is running and the fan spins up loud enough to hear from the next room. This game isn't that complicated, there's virtually no video, so what's up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happens with the PV version and it chews up battery life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One of the reasons I don't play that regularly, it feels like my laptop is dying a slow death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Evans
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This only happens when you are playing the USSR. In that case, your resources are being controlled by a centralized state and being re-distributed to proletariat processes on your machine. This is more noticeable on Apple products as they are decadent, imperialist tools of the bourgeoisie.

TheCat wrote:
Why is the Mac / OS X version so resource intensive? My whole laptop crawls to a stop when Twilight Struggle is running and the fan spins up loud enough to hear from the next room. This game isn't that complicated, there's virtually no video, so what's up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sputnik Ma
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
revans66 wrote:
This only happens when you are playing the USSR. In that case, your resources are being controlled by a centralized state and being re-distributed to proletariat processes on your machine. This is more noticeable on Apple products as they are decadent, imperialist tools of the bourgeoisie.

TheCat wrote:

Haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rupp
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having played it, but knowing about computer and games i can throw out a wild guess: turn ON vsync… (if that is possible in the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls