GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,436 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: A few questions about custom dividers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris B.
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space. Space monkey! Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, there are many custom dividers in the files section for this game, what do the 4 class icons mean in the top left just right of the Group icon? Specifically wondering for the top file for this game by Adam.

I was thinking about having them printed on sticker paper in color to apply to the dividers the game comes with. Anyone know what size paper will print the dividers just the right size for the ones the game comes with? Is it 8.5" x 11" US letter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Stark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Those icons are the card classes contained within that hero's set of cards. With 4 unique cards per hero you'll have one or more of those symbols per unique card. Without the rules in front of me those would be strength (hulk fist), tech (radar like symbol), covert (circle arrows?), and instinct (wolverine's claws). They make it a bit easier to pinpoint which heroes may work well together when playing.

I printed out the dividers on 8 1/2 x 11 card stock and that size worked just fine for me. I do believe they are about the same size. Not certain though. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space. Space monkey! Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you sir!

Maybe you can help me out with this. I am thinking about ordering cardstock printouts from fedex now, what type of paper and lb did you use. Options are 110 lb index, Gloss cover, and Ultra bright white (card). I would be super interested to know what you used, or if you might have any advice of what to pick. Never really worked with paper before and I am a bit lost. I was about to go with 110 lb index when you responded. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 5 class symbols

Covert = mb
Instinct = mb
Ranged = mb
Strength = mb
Tech = mb

This is just my personal opinion, but the dividers made by finnsea15 are by far the best.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/191904/upper-decks-le...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blipadouzi wrote:
There are 5 class symbols

Covert = mb
Instinct = mb
Ranged = mb
Strength = mb
Tech = mb

This is just my personal opinion, but the dividers made by finnsea15 are by far the best.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/191904/upper-decks-le...

I used Sean's dividers for a long time, but got tired of printing them out on card stock and cutting them myself, and I'm too cheap to pay FedEx/Kinko's to do it for me.

There are dividers on here that are designed to be printed on Avery return address labels (1/2" x 1-3/4") and stuck on the stock divider cards that came with the base game. That's what I do now. I bought an extra box of dividers from Upper Deck, and now I can print a set of labels out on roughly one full page for a big box expansion (or 1/4 of a page for a small expansion), and have the full set done in under five minutes.

And it certainly uses far less ink. I've still never really understood the need for huge images on the divider since the entire image is covered up by the other stacked cards in front of it. It's just wasted ink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I prefer M_Strauss's design for the dividers. I find they use very little ink, they contain all the vital info, they're aesthetically pleasing!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1423932/m-strausss-custom-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Personally, I prefer M_Strauss's design for the dividers. I find they use very little ink, they contain all the vital info, they're aesthetically pleasing!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1423932/m-strausss-custom-d...

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
There are dividers on here that are designed to be printed on Avery return address labels (1/2" x 1-3/4") and stuck on the stock divider cards that came with the base game. That's what I do now. I bought an extra box of dividers from Upper Deck, and now I can print a set of labels out on roughly one full page for a big box expansion (or 1/4 of a page for a small expansion), and have the full set done in under five minutes.

And it certainly uses far less ink. I've still never really understood the need for huge images on the divider since the entire image is covered up by the other stacked cards in front of it. It's just wasted ink.

Any chance of a link for a set of labels like this for print? I would still need to go to UPS or Fedex because I lack a color printer. I may go with this option though. Should be far cheaper. Still a bit undecided but I would love to see this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Coley
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note and your experiences may be different, but when I tried to get fedex to print out my dividers I got an email saying they could not because of copyrighted licensed material, and would need to present permission from marvel/Disney to get them printed. Considering I have a pretty nice laser printer at work I figured it would be easier to do that then go through the hassle of explaining all of what I needed to the fedex people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ogoctopus wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

Any chance of a link for a set of labels like this for print? I would still need to go to UPS or Fedex because I lack a color printer. I may go with this option though. Should be far cheaper. Still a bit undecided but I would love to see this.

Here's the one I use. This link has a .zip file that includes .pdf files of every Marvel Legendary expansion released so far, including the newest expansion Legendary: Noir.

Legendary divider labels template

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick link. Checking these out when I am home from work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the card stock dividers would have cost like 30 dollars to print. More now that I have a few expansions in mind. The labels cost 6 dollars for core, dark city, GotG and deadpool. Pretty obvious decision here. They are printing today. Will likely upload an image to the game when they are printed cut and applied. Thanks for all the help getting this sorted folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.