GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,705 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Matthew Percival
Australia
Bendigo
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been writing my first game review and took some photos to use in it. I was about to upload these to my gallery when I noticed in the rules:
"Please do not link images from a personal gallery to a database entry."

I just wanted to clarify if I am doing the right thing here. Can I upload these images to my gallery and link them into my review? I am not a professional photographer, so I do not want to clutter the game's gallery with my shots. Alternatively, is it preferable for me to use existing photos in the the game's gallery whenever possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reviews are not database entries.

Personal Gallery is a good place for pictures used in reviews, unless the game's gallery is really lacking in pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elric of Grans wrote:
I just wanted to clarify if I am doing the right thing here. Can I upload these images to my gallery and link them into my review? I am not a professional photographer, so I do not want to clutter the game's gallery with my shots.

That's exactly the right thing to do.

For some time, it was possible to upload an image to your personal gallery, and then link it to the game gallery. As a result, the image was part of the game gallery as if it had been uploaded there, but this process bypassed the image moderation. That's what this rule forbids.

Image linking is for cases when you want to use the same image in the game game gallery and in the designer gallery (for example). Rather than uploading it twice, the existing images is linked to the other gallery, so it's visible there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Percival
Australia
Bendigo
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification! I have gone and uploaded those images now, and submitted the review for approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.