GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Application for scenario setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bohumir Nepozitek
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there is a chance for development of scenario setup application - either official or un-official. Scenario setup is bit a pain for me. Similar I had with Mansions of Madness where second edition brings the app and it is absolutely awesome for scenario setup. I absolutely love it - prep time went down enormously and its also thematic that new locations are revealed as players advance through the scenario. I know GH is designed with intention of knowing whole map however its not dealbreaker, you can still have whole map overview available but setup on the go. App will just guide you through. First map tiles, then overlay tiles, sorted by types, then monsters etc.. either for whole scenario or room after room. Both fine with me, it can be even kind of mod.

Really wish to have this happen .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love for each scenario to be a bit more secretive too, but I fear it would add quite a bit of dead time during play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try out a random scenario to get a feeling for how it would work. I say it added about 10-15 minutes of extra setup to the overall game play.

That said, if the app also included the monster stats and tracked monster hp and statuses - then would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I was hoping with the ridiculous amounts of money that the KS'er is making that this would be a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bohumir Nepozitek
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparing with other games at the same price level I dont consider Gloomhaven price ridiculous at all. I dont think there is any game around where you get more for your money in any aspect.

Almost 10kg of playing material.
Wonderful legacy world with 90+ scenarios campaign.
Plenty of different characters with different way of playing. Different not only from each other but also than classical fantasy characters.
Unique combat system - tough and demanding but balanced and rewarding .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.