GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Flow of History» Forums » General

Subject: Another hit from Jesse Li? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emad Aziz
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
Jesse Li's previous game, Ponzi Scheme was brilliant, but polarizing. How is this adventure ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
I really like this game. It is a much lighter version of TTA and plays much quicker. The iconography is very clear on the cards and after a few rounds, you almost never need to check the rule set. My only quibble is that the component quality is poor, but that looks to be addressed in the kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is an interesting game, but unfortunately the overall reaction from my friends has been "meh" to the point I'm considering selling my copy because nobody wants to play it with me. That's a downer, for sure.

The sniping mechanism is cool, takes couple of plays to appreciate, and many folks hate it from the start.

So polarizing, yes; brilliant, no. I'm ready to go for "good, but polarizing". I'm rating this as a 7: it's good, I'd suggest playing it, but definitely not one of my favourites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.